Brunch

Tw: mentions loss of family members, homophobia, bullying, manipulation, physical abuse, toxic grand parenting and some other possible triggers.

XXX

Their car comes to a halt in front of a humble diner right opposite to a pier, which looked like some kind of amusement park. It was very crowded. But the diner itself looked quiet. They got out of the vehicle, walking side by side, proceeding towards the eatery. They were surrounded by comfortable silence but both of them were nervous, to state the obvious. Once they entered, Kook waved his hand, sending a greeting towards the counter greeting an old couple, who probably owned the place. The couple waved back, and one of them and with a flick of a chin showed them an empty booth in the corner. Taehyung was observing this interaction with an amused look on his face. When they took seats opposite to each other, they tried to ease each other up with tight lipped smiles. 

Kook heard the brunette mutter, " 's nice in here." To which he nodded back.

 "Do you come here often?" He heard. 

"Yes, it's kind of my comfort place. Safe place since my teenage years. But that story is for another time. Let's order, they serve some of the best home style dishes, from around the world. Their rice bowls are the best. See the menu, and tell me if something interesting catches your eyes." Kook didn't know since when he got so good at communicating?

"Any-anything would do. But just less spicy. My spice tolerance is very low." Tae whispered shyly. He also was unable to understand, how come he got so comfortable conveying his likes and (embarrassing) limits.

"Wait, really? Thank God you told me, I was going to order their hot sauce chicken wings, but then you wouldn't be able to share it. They are quite spicy."

"No no, please order whatever you like, I can manage, don't bother because of me. I am sorry that I have low tolerance, I'm trying to work on it though" said Tae meekly. 

"Hey, no, it's not a bother, I don't want to see you go all red and sweating right on our first date", he tried to joke but then he looked at Tae's face and ears going all red, and realised how that might have sounded like. He shook his head in denial and started apologizing profusely, 

"oh, no no no no, that's not what I  meant, I am sorry, don't even know what I am saying, but that's definitely not what I meant. Don't take me as a pervert please. I am not. Believe me."

"Oh, No. Don't apologize. I was just embarrassed, because I thought you were making fun of me as I can't handle spicy food. If you say you weren't, I believe you Jungkook-ssi. I didn't even know it could mean something bad." Taehyung spoke matter-of-factly.

'Oh my lord this innocent soul doesn't even get what it sounded like. Could he make it more difficult for me to get straight to the business before I start cooing over him!'

"I would never do that Taehyung, not to hurt you at least. Not unless you wish us to have a little playful relationship like my parents, I won't ever make fun of you" 

'Get hold of yourself Jeon, you sound like a lovesick fool Kook, don't give the boy false hope, because you don't even know how you are going to proceed with this marriage. You never wanted marriage or even a relationship for fucks sake. Are you forgetting everything because of the cute,  innocent, fluff ball next to you? Shit! See you are doing it again.'