Lay Me Down Chapter 34

Start bij het begin

I walked out of my room and into the living room. Jay glanced at me as I walked in.

“What’s up sleeping beauty?”

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“What? That’s the kind of welcome I get?” I laughed and went and plunged down on the spot next to him.

“I’m sorry. I missed you Jay” I said wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a hug. He laughed.

“Where’s Carter and Ariel?” I asked.

“They went out. Carter asked me to stay with you. He’s really mad at you girl.” He informed me.

“Wait what? Why?”

“The club last night…” I thought for a minute and then it all came flowing back into my mind. Holy Shit! What was I thinking? I wasn’t thinking?

“Jay I wasn’t thinking, I don’t know I just couldn’t back away from it and.. I’m so sorry” I said as the tears came to my eyes.

“Hey it’s ok. Don’t cry please don’t cry” he begged. I chuckled at him not wanting me to have a mental breakdown.

“How mad is he?” I asked.

“Well he  wanted to leave so that he wouldn’t lash out on you or say something that he would regret. He just needed to calm down. He should be back soon since you slept until the afternoon.” He informed me.

“What time is it?” I asked him.

“Almost three”

“Damn!” I muttered. He laughed.

“I know right  I checked on you like five times just to make sure that you were breathing.”  I laughed.

“Thanks for watching over me Jay.”

“No problem.”

“So ummm I’ve been wondering this for a while now. Where’s Jenny? Do you guys still date?” I asked him out of the blue. He laughed .

“No, not for awhile now, but she lives not too far from here. Her boyfriend isn’t very fond of me. They’ve been dating for like two years.  We could go grab a bite to eat and I could take you to see her.”

“That would be great. Let me get ready.” I told him hopping off the couch.

I occupied the passenger’s seat In Jay’s car. The ride was pretty silent but it wasn’t awkward. It was a little over ten minutes before we arrived at a small house that was located in a homey neighborhood.

Once the car was stopped I got out of the car and followed Jay to the front door. He knocked three times and then waited. A guy appeared at the door that seemed to be in his middle twenties. He was your typical blond hair blue eyed stereotype and he was gorgeous.