Lay Me Down Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

“She’s on drugs Jay” I said finally getting to the point of why I had called him to come over here this late or more like this early.

“Who?”

“Lizzie and the other night I had to watch her have a withdrawal. It was the hardest shit I ever done in my life. I wanted so badly to give her the drugs to just calm her down, She was thrashing in my arms and sobbing and it’s just a hard thing to witness.” I explained. Jay knew everything about Lizzie, he had approached me about it a long time ago after Jenny had told him. She had a big mouth.

“I can imagine how hard it is, especially since you care about her. I remember watching people I had never seen in my life go through it.” He told me. Jay had somehow ended up in med school and he studied the reactions to addictive substances.

“God she made me so mad, we had gone through that withdrawal and then she uses again. I couldn’t believe that she had just given in like that. It was like it was a waste of time.” I told him.

“You have to keep her on a harder leash Carter, she needs someone there for her full time, if she’s going to get over it.” He informed me,

“Will you stay over this morning?” I asked him “ I just don’t want to end up lashing out at her and I’m still mad about last night. I’ll go get breakfast with Ariel or something.”

“Yea sure, so umm what are you and Lizzie? Are you cheating on Ariel?” He asked.

“No, we are just friends” I told him. He nodded his head.

“Is she still selling her body?” Jay asked.

“No, not since she’s been staying with me.” I told him. “At least I don’t think she has.” I told him.

“You know that this is going to be a long process right? She’s going to start having withdrawals every other night and she’s going to have to do it cold turkey if you don’t put her in a facility.” He told me.

“Rehab? That’s like me giving up on her, I’m not doing that.”

“Well a guy used to tell me that when he was going through his withdrawals, he would submerge himself in a tub of ice water and it would make his body go numb making the process easier. Maybe that will help”

“Thanks man” I said giving him a hug.

“No problem anytime, what are bros for?” I chuckled and stood up walking back into the house.

“Well I’m about to get some sleep, you know where everything is, so just make yourself at home like you always do.” I went into my room and closed the door behind me. Ariel was sound asleep in the bed. I got in next to her and wrapped my arms around her and then I fell asleep.

Lizzie’s POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I pulled the covers over my head trying to block out the light. I slowly got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked like total shit.  I rinsed my face and brushed my teeth and hair, trying to make myself look somewhat presentable.