Peanuts (Tom Holland)

Summary: You're meeting Tom's family for the first time when something goes tragically wrong
Warnings: allergiessss, no spelling check again lol :)
Word Count: 2711
this is probably inaccurate af cuz this is coming from somebody who's never eaten peanuts before in their life
(this was a request but i can't remember the user name sorry)

Your POV:

"Y/n, come on we'll be late if you don't hurry!" Tom laughs, hands on my waist and gently attempting to pull me away from the mirror. I stand my ground.

"I just gotta finish my mascara!" I complain, needing to stay still so I can do so without making a mess but with Tom trying to move me it's impossible. He has no patience.

"You don't need it" He frowns, hugging my waist from behind and resting his chin against the back of my head before tilting his head down and pressing a kiss there.

"I don't wanna show up looking like a troll" I mumble, now applying my mascara due to the fact he's not trying to move me, "Gotta make a good first impression-"

"You don't need to" He rolls his eyes, "I've told them so much about you already love. They can't wait to meet you"

"I know... but they've been waiting to for like what, 7 months now?" I question and Tom chuckles. We would've done the whole meet his parents thing way sooner than now, but with Tom's busy work schedule and mine too with my job, there simply hasn't been a right time.

But we both have a week off, and considering it's a sunny Sunday, what better to meet his family when having a barbecue at their house. I'm just nervous though. They've been waiting this whole time to meet me, I'm afraid I won't live up to what Tom's supposedly deemed me to be.

"What difference does that make?" He scoffs.

"It makes the whole difference of making up of 7 months to them. This is the first impression of all first impressions okay?" I explain and a little smile simply sits on his face whilst he presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Okay" He chuckles. "But we do have to leave in the next 10 minutes" Standing up straight he rests one hand on my waist still whilst taking out his phone to check the time. "Actually, 8 minutes"

I roll my eyes and finish my mascara, checking over the subtle, natural make up look for any flaws and when I deem my hair to be okay and the summer dress I'm wearing to be suitable, I nod, ready to leave.

"Finally!" A groan leaves him and he stands up straight, removing his hands from my waist. "Let's go"

He slightly smacks my butt with his hand to usher me out the door and then locks it after with his key before we get into the car, me the passenger side, him the driver side.

Making our way to Tom's parents house from my own was about a 20 minute drive, so obviously we had the music blasting, singing along to One Direction or The Lumineers throughout the time.

Tom turns the music down when we're a couple of minutes away. I frown. "I forgot to say actually, Tessa will be there as you know but she might jump up at you, just push her down love. Don't want her to scratch you otherwise"

I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine" I assure, patting his thigh. He glances to me with a frown and I giggle. Retaliating to my action, he pats on mine but with a little more force.

So I do the same.

He does it too.

Back and forth. Until we're both laughing and my thigh is a little pink from his hand. He goes to do it again but I grab his wrist. "No!" I laugh my head off, "Hurts"