04| ice (peter)

Summary: You go on the school ski trip with Peter when disaster happens.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 2863

*• your pov •*

"Y/n, why are we here?" Peter chuckles, trailing behind me with his gloved hands in his pockets and looking at his feet for a moment, moving step by step through the powdery white snow. Smiling, I rush further ahead, overjoyed at the gorgeous surroundings. Everything around us is covered in snow, something I've barely seen in my life as it never snowed where I used to live, and it only has a handful of times in Queens the last couple of years.

The school ski trip was something I simply couldn't not do, same as many others. Peter wasn't going to come due to the fact he was feeling a bit worried about actually skiing, but as soon as I told him I would go he signed up without hesitation. It's adorable really.

"Because, when are we going to see something like this again?!" I giggle, twirling around and letting snowflakes fall on my face from the sky above the trees in the forest. We're not too far from the cabin, but who doesn't love an adventure?

Peter grins at my childishness, staring at me with nothing but love in his eyes and a soft smile on his face, his movements slowing down as he focuses on me instead of the scenery. Feeling overwhelmed from the butterflies his eyes give me, I look away with heated up cheeks. My eyes blow wide when they find a large patch of plain, flat, untouched white snow just ahead. We could make a snowman. Oh my God.

"Peter, look!" I exasperate, running straight towards it with a wide grin. Peter shakes his head amused and slowly follows behind me, watching me run out onto the carpet of snow.

He takes a step closer until he frowns, confused at the hard feeling off the floor underneath. He removes his foot, crouching down and curiously using his hand to wipe away the snow underneath. A sharp breath leaves his lips as he knocks on the surface. It's ice.

His head snaps up, eyes overly wide watching me run further out. "Y/n! Stop!" Peter yells louder than I've ever heard him. He lets out a breath and takes a worried step back, looking at the large, frozen over lake underneath me.

I turn around laughing with a smile on my face that soon falls seeing how scared he looks, eyes drowning in terror. He looks at his wrists frantically, checking for his web-shooters only to find his skin bare. He mumbles something under his breath in panic, looking down at the floor.

"Peter? What's wrong?" I question, taking a step in his direction. Immediately, I stop and my bones shiver with fear when the piercing sound of a crack rings out, echoing through the forest. I gulp looking down for the first time since I walked onto this sheet of snow, all my footsteps, shown on what looks like ice. Oh God.

"Y/n, slowly walk back to me... okay?" He calls softly. Peter slowly attempts to takes a step onto the ice, but a crack makes him suck in a terrified breath and retreat his foot. I nod, heart thundering in my chest as I make my way step by step, trying to be as careful and light on my feet as possible. So far so good: no more cracks.

When I'm roughly 5 metres away from Peter, multiple cracks ring out and I freeze, tears of fear in my eyes as I meet his gaze. My body trembles and my hands are at my sides slightly, ready to hopefully catch myself.

"P-peter?" I whimper, terrified as I look down at the little bits of snow that fall through the new formed gaps in the ice.

"Babe, come on! Grab my hand!" he breathes out, eyes wide as he stretches his hand out as far as he can towards me. I reach out mine, and inch a step closer, relief flooding me when his fingertips brush mine.