『●』

" i hadn't told them about you
but they saw you bathing in my eyes "

...

She was looking at her reflection in the mirror, little grey strands covering her black hair, her once blooming wheatish skin is now covered with little thin lines. She slowly traced every feature of her face, trying to find out the last remains of her youth. She knew its the beginning of her old age. Yet she was trying hard to see that youthful appearance, it wasn't of use. Mirror Mirror on the wall......Amarah is getting old. She shooked her useless thinking away. She wanted to look youthful again, afterall, she has sacrificed so many years for her responsibilities and now when its her time to enjoy her life she's nothing but an old lady.

She controlled herself from crying and turned her back to the mirror, she couldn't see her bitter reality.

Amarah Fatima, a graceful lady, working as the principal in a government school. But she wasn't like this before, back then, she was a girl with full of life and dreams so high.

She sat on her bed thinking about the lost years of her youth and happiness. She was only eighteen years old when her father died of tuberculosis and being the eldest amongst her six siblings, she take on the responsibility of being the man of the house. Since then she never looked back and worked like a machine for thirty years. All of her siblings are now living luxurious and Happy family life. They will meet her once in a year, but, doesn't care about her loneliness. Her younger brother even suggested her to go to a good old age home, selling her home.

For them she sacrificed her youth, its not like she's complaining, but, at this age, she got to know she would have became selfish and chose herself above her family. But being an obedient daughter and loving sister, she sacrificed everything, her youth, her happiness, her love.

She was lost in her thoughts, when she heard someone knocking at her door. Her heart trembled with fear, it was almost midnight and many robbery have happened in a while.

She tried to calm her breath and the door was knocked again. Don't open it. Her mind ordered her, but, she ignored the whispers of her mind and walked slowly towards the door. And then she opened it, the man she saw standing infront of her, she almost felt as if someone has thrown her back in the cold and chilling December of 1992.

Mere mehboob Qayamat hogi
Aaj ruswa teri gaaliyo mai phir mohabbat hogi.....

A seventeen year timid girl was listening to her favourite song on the radio and smiling sheepishly.

"Amarah o ri amarah kahan mar gayi badbakht." Hearing the voice of her jallad ammi, she quickly turned off the radio and hide it underneath her bed, quickly wrapping the duppatta around herself and started reading her textbooks.

"Amarah...haaye... kambakht in ghutno ka dard." Her mother entered in her room and saw her studying, she smiled.

"Ammi aap? Koi kaam tha tou mujhe bula leti."

"Nahi meri jaan aap parhai kaarein."

Her mother affectionately smiled, she was very strict about her children's education. Asiya Begüm, Amarah Fatima's mother, she's an illiterate woman and knows the importance of education, even in financial crises, she never compromises with her children's education. And Amarah, her brilliant daughter, who topped in board examination and got a full scholarship for her bachelor's degree.