『⁵』

He was standing in the window overlooking the garden, the rain was pouring heavily and he was looking at her, a white peacock dancing in the rain, the most suitable defination to define her beauty. Years has passed between them and nothing has changed between them. She was still the girl who didn't say a word about her feelings for him and he was still the same man who looks at her secretly and feels blessed to have her.

"Baba."

His bubble of thoughts broke when his daughter came hugging his left leg. He looked at her and saw a face of an angel, the angel whose wings were cut down by her own family.

"Gul."

He took her in his arms and kissed both of her cheeks. She was an exact copy of Gul-e-Kausar, her face, her hair, her tantrums, her little ministrations. Everything was about her was replica of Gul-e-Kausar. When she was born, Afiyah wouldn't have thought she will get a chance to get her Gul back, & she got her Gul back in the form of her little daughter.

Gul-e-Kausar Mirza was born after three years of Gul's death. She was the reason her Grandparents started living Their lives again. She came as a hope in Their shallow and empty life. With her crying and Laughing she won over everyone.

"Baba Gul ko barish mai nahna hai."

She was looking at her at her father with puppy like face and Arsalan laughed, she knew very well that her baba will let her enjoy the rain, unlike her mother.

"Okay. Let's go little devil."

Gul giggled and run towards the garden but moved back thinking something and looked at her father with horrified expression.

"But baba, mama is outside."

Gul made a sad face and sat on the sofa with a pouty face. Arsalan walked towards her and took her hand in his.

"Baba will handle mama. But you will do as i say! Deal?"

"Deal."

Gul chanted and ran towards the garden. Tooking the music player with him.

***

Afiyah was enjoying the rain, it was hers and Gul's favourite season. They both used to dance on the first rain of the year. And she haven't broke this rituals ever since. She wanted to live every moment, doing whatever Gul loved. Life is a one time chance and she wants to live it happily, making most of it, so that one day she will reunite Gul, she will be happy to tell her that her Afiyah Appiya didn't wasted it and lived jt the way she wanted her too.

With every drop of water falling on her body, she was feeling alive. She has her eyes closed, a masculine scent hit her nostrils, familiar scent which she was getting addicted day by day, he has his hands wrapped around her, with one hand he swiped her hairs, getting a clear view of her neck.

When Gul switched on the music player and 'O saki Saki started playing. She effortlessly walked out of the scene and goes playing in the mud.

Main teri aankhon ka saahil
Main tere dil ke hi kaabil
Tu musafir main teri manzil

Afiyah's ears were burning with embarrassment because this song reminds her of their not so decent dance and after that what had happened.

Arsalan twist her around and now she was seeing him, her face was looking like a huge tomato and Arsalan was enjoying this so much, he bring her more closer and Started dancing with her. The rain hadn't stop, eventually it got more wild and unruly. The wind was now blowing very fast and trees were contributing their share of the euphoria too. Whole scenery was looking like a dream. Afiyah couldn't stand still, it was Arsalan's arms who were holding her altogether.

"O saqi saqi aa pass aa rehna jaaye koi khawahish baki."

Arsalan whispered in her hair and fir the First time in this duration she looked at him in the eyes. Today he wasn't looking at her, like she was just her responsibility & nothing else. His eyes are giving different kind of vibes too her, the vibe, the feel she had felt years ago on that stage, where alot of people were present but what mattered to her was his loving gaze.

Afiyah was finally getting the glimpse of her Arsalan today. After years of living a monotone life, he was holding her like the way he held her first time.

After Bilal's confession, her family had torn apart. Her parents had to live their house because her father didn't wanted to let what happened with Gul, happened with Afiyah. He didn't wanted to lost his other daughter. He left the house and his brother didn't supported him they didn't gave him, his share of the business. Afiyah had to work in a school, to help her parents in overcoming the financial problems. Her father's health was deteriorating day by day and she has no where to go. Her uncles had already left them to die hungry and that's when she contacted Arsalan. Arsalan helped her in every way possible and the old flames Started to light up again. Arsalan tried to avoid it. But this cruel world again started speaking ill of them.

People starting Talking bad about Afiyah and her character. They started making Their own assumption labelled her as a behaya who was enjoying with her dead sister's husband.

Afiyah's parents' didn't questioned her but Arsalan's parents wasn't happy with him involving with Afiyah again and Arsalan couldn't just leave her alone. And that's when he decided to marry Afiyah, for her sake and his sake. Because he couldn't help her until she was his wife in the eyes of the world.

Since then he always made sure she was happy with him, but he took her more as a responsibility. And Afiyah was on cloud nine seeing her Arsalan back.

She was now enjoying with him, and he was about to kiss her, when they heard Gul's giggling and clapping. Afiyah got embarrassed. She tried to break free from Arsalan's hold but Arsalan didn't let her go and pecked her forehead.

"Click. Click. Click."

Gul was taking their photos and chanting, "Afiyah ko Arsalan se pyaar ho gyaa."she started running in the garden and Afiyah turned red in anger. She kicked Arsalan and ran after Gul, who was still chanting.

"Afiyah ko Arsalan se pyaar ho gyaa."

The End.

••••••••••••••