『³』

دنیا دیکھے روپ میرا
کوئی نہ جانے بیچاری میں۔

(The world looks at my beauty
But no one knows how helpless I am.)

°°°°

Present,

The old man was still crying remembering the bitter memories of his past. He walked towards the old trunk and took out a letter from it. The letter had some dirt on it. He dusted the dirt off with his hands and opened the letter.

He himself had forgot that how many years ago he had read that letter. He had buried his past deep in his heart. But today unknowingly 'Parisa' his granddaughter had opened those wounds.

He started reading the letter with moist eyes.

"

Pyaare Shahmeer,

I know i would have left this world when you got this letter. I couldn't say this things to you shahmeer. You know when you First came at brothel and saw my performance, you're the only one who's looking at me with amusement not with lust. I instantly fall for it. I've been serving as tawaif for four years before meeting you I've met many customers but nobody liked you. Everyone only wanted my body. No one saw my soul. No one tried to know me. No one tried to save me. No one tried to give me respect. They all looked at me like a flestlh of meat. Soon i learnt that my tears are off no worth but my smile is. So i started smiling alot. And became the gem of brothel. Every night i dance and slept with new people. Every day i woke up with aching body pain but more than slowly my soul is dying. In the day i devote my whole time in praying and teaching Quran to The children of Who lives in that kotha. Malik Sahab was not ky customer shahmeer i was teaching his children Quran. The Ghunghroo i gave you was off those rupees which malik sahab gave me in return teaching their children Quran. That was my first earned money which is halal not haram. I know shahmeer for the society I'm a prostitute a sinner but My Allah knows me and he knows what resides in my heart.
You must be thinking why i didn't left that place. Shahmeer there's no where i could have gone. This society doesn't accept girls like me. For them Girls like me are bad news but not the man wjo visited us. Hypocrisy much!
Shahmeer i may have sell my body for money but I'm not a shameless human.
Do you know shahmeer why i said Neve to sleep with any prostitute?
Because i didn't wanted another tale of Shahmeer and Mehjaabeen. Shahmeer my biological father was Afghan Sher shah. Yes your father Shahmeer shah. It is the truth shahmeer that unknowingly i fell in love with a man who is my blood brother. But look at me shahmeer I'm nothing.
Allah punished me for selling myself.
I fell in love with my half brother.
This is what people call 'Makafat E Amal- what you sow is what you reap.'
Shahmeer i was dying every day. Not because i couldn't handle the truth but because my Lord is calling me back.
I have tuberculosis and soon i will die.
I want you to led a happy life shahmeer.
Pursue your dreams and forget me.

Tumhari,
Mehjaabeen.

"

"Mehjaabeen. Your Shahmeer achieved everything. But still this heart aches for you. Kaash mehjaabeen mein Shahmeer na hota, Kaash tum Mehjaabeen na hoti, kaash mera baap Afghan Sher shah na hota, kash mein aur tum koi or hote....kahin aur mile hote."

He was crying. Everything was changed. Time moved forward but his heart was still their in the room of that brothel where he left Mehjaabeen.

Twenty year old Shahmeer was now an sixty year old man. A faithful husband to an amazing Woman. A doting father two both his daughter and son. A loving grandfather to his Grandchildren, especially Parisa...His pari.

Parisa had same eyes as Mehjaabeen. Whenever he saw he sees mehjaabeen in her. He had named her Parisa, meant Pure. She was just like her name innocent and pure.

Time had changed everything. He put the letter and Ghunghroo back in the trunk and goes back to the living room.

"Pari Pari beta don't you want chocolates."

"Pari aapse naraz he aapne pari ko dhakka diya."

(Pari is angry with you. You pushed pari.)

"Ok Dadu Sorry Pari."

Shahmeer said holding his ears and doing up and down.

"Ok Dadu only one condition. You will give me those Anklet Bells (Ghunghroo) i want to wear them."

Shahmeer looked at her stunned. Parisa was giggling.

"Parents one wrong deed means
Destruction of their children's life.
In youth do good deeds,
So that your children doesn't suffer the consequences."

The End.