Chapter 37: The Coalition

The 8 trudged along in the snow, heading for the footsteps, when they heard 8 smaller sets of footsteps coming near them, "What was that?! Did anyone else here that?" Bernadetta squealed as she clung to Nene. "I heard it.. More footsteps.. The smell is sort of familiar... One of them is Shizue!!" Meouch got super excited, "That familiar crunch... skipping... Emu!" Nene, too, got excited. "I can smell Tinuviel too! It's all good guys, it's people we know" Meouch said. Guts didn't seem to care.

"Well that's good, we need as much help as we can get for whatever's coming toward us right now. Look!" Akira pointed to something in the distance; It was racing towards them quite quickly. "What the hell is that?" Danny was worried, "I don't know, but it's fast!" Kana said, "We should probably get to the others quickly!" Antony said, "Agreed" Guts walked up to Bernie, "Let's go Bernie" he held out his hand.

Bernadetta took Guts' hand, her own petite hand felt cold in his. "You're freezing, here have my cape" He let go of her hand briefly and struggled to get his cape off with one hand but managed and handed it to her.

Marinette and her group of Emu, Ren and Tinuviel made it to everyone else, "Hey guys! So glad we found other people, something's coming really fast and we need to get ready" she said, "Oh hey guys! Good to see you all again" Tinuviel smiled.

Shizue and her group of Doom, Kurai and Jojo made their way to the group too. "Shizue!" Meouch was excited to see her. "Hi everyone!" Shizue smiled. Doom looked at everyone, noticed everyone was okay, and started scouting the area for Grimm. "NENE!" Emu ran to Nene, hugged her and picked her up, kissing her cheek as she did. "Emu! Not in public!" Nene stammered.

"Bernie! Guts! I'm so glad so two are okay!" Jojo said, "We're almost all here... except for Asuna..." Bernadetta said softly. "I'm sure she's with Tank, or Bouddicca or Ayashii or even Kento" Jojo said. "So, we've had a reunion with our friends. Next course of action?" Kurai asked, "Exactly. We need to act quickly, cause who knows what that thing is" Tinuviel agreed.

Suddenly, Kana started screaming loudly while pointing at something. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" Nene screamed, then stood in front of Emu in a protective stance. Guts and Jojo immediately stood in front of Bernadetta. Meouch grabbed Shizue and stood in front of her as well.

In front of the 16 warriors stood a giant robot, it looked like a bear but silver in colour and it had massive sharp claws at the end, it stared right at the group, ready to strike. "Okay, it's best not to panic, it can probably smell fear" Kurai said, "Bold words from the guy who's shaking." Nene said, "Shut up!" Kurai said. 

Suddenly Doom appeared behind the robot and threw a tree log at it. The robot turned around in confusion. Doom started to run around the robot. "What on remnant is Doom doing!?" Meouch asked, "I think... he's distracting it?" Tinuviel answered, "I think he's committing suicide." Akira responded passive-aggressively.

"It doesn't matter what he's doing! It'll buy us some time!" Kurai said, "Are you a team leader, by chance? Because this is the only time you've ever seemed like one." Nene said, "Shut the fuck up before I kill you!" Kurai snapped, "That's enough! Stop fighting!" Emu tried to stop them, but failed. "Stop fighting! He's clearly giving us time to come up with a game plan!" Danny stepped in, "He's definitely doing that, but I think he's going to get killed before we have time to settle anything!" Guts said, "Doom is strong! He won't give in, but that doesn't mean we should delay!" Antony piped in, "That robot is so big, it'll step on him and he'll be flat." Akira said.

"Do you mean stall?" Emu asked Antony, "Yeah! That word!" Antony replied, "He's already fought off dozens of Grimm as it is! He won't be able to keep it up for long!" Jojo said. "Heheh, pancake..." Emu smiled, "FOCUS!" Danny yelled. Shizue nodded, "Yeah guys, we need to focus!" "What's the plan here? Are we all going to attack it? And whoever isn't attacking stand guard incase more Grimm appear!" Danny said, "We don't even know what THIS thing is! Is it a Grimm? An evil robot? Where did it even come from?" Akira asked. "It's literally swinging it's claws at Doom. I think it's an evil robot" Danny said.