Chapter 34: Shuffle

New characters are introduced in this chapter, head to the Character profiles to learn about them.

Many students started to walk into Sakura's classroom for Period 1, "Good morning students" Sakura said with a smile. "Mornin' Professor!" Amarillo said happily as he walked in with his team. "Morning!!" Tinuviel said cheerfully, "Morning Team ASRN" Sakura said, Nate didn't respond. "Okay class, before we begin the lesson, I have to mention, a news team is coming here to interview Teams ELKK and SPHR as the reigning Vytal Festival champions and runners-up before we start the selection process for this year's Tournament" Sakura explained. 

"Selections? When does that start?" Amarillo asked, "After you all return back to your own academies, you will all undertake a series of exercises and sparring matches to help us decide the 64 teams that will qualify for the Tournament" Sakura explained, "So just like last year then?" Tinuviel asked, "That's right" Sakura smiled, "Actually, that reminds me, on your last day here in Atlas, we have a special training exercise for everyone"

"Wh... What...?" Tinuviel stuttered in shock, Sakura smirked, "It's a special training exercise that doubles as... A mission." "Oh..." Tinuviel looked a little scared, "We'll be great, we'll all stick together" Cobalt smiled, "It'll be fine I'm sure of it..." Tinuviel said, "I can't say anymore on it, but I'll let you know this... it'll test your cooperation skills, an important skill for anyone who qualifies for the Vytal Festival..." Sakura explained. Nate rolled her eyes thinking she'd be stuck with Pickles.

Sakura began with her lesson. An hour later, everyone was heading to the cafeteria for lunch when Nate and her team ran into Pickles and his team. "Hi Nate and her team!!" Honey smiled, Doom nodded in agreement, "Honey, Doom, Jess..." Nate said their names, then death stared Pickles. "Hello Darling, and hello to everyone else. Did you all enjoy the party last night?" Jessica smiled, "It was pretty cool. What about Ironwood's apology this morning?" Akira asked, "I believe he was genuine for most of it. He called me to his office to apologise to me personally and decided not to punish me for going against his orders" Jessica explained, "That's cool, he did kinda scream at you last night..." Akira said, "Yeah he did, but I've Doom and I used to have Nate on me team... They are both scarier than him" Jessica said, Doom nodded.

"Yeah, also, what do you guys think about the training activity on the last day?" Akira asked, Doom pulled out his scroll and typed: "Good fun. Get to destroy some Grimm" "How do you know that though?" Nate asked, "Yeah how do you know that?" Jessica agreed with Nate, Doom typed: "I don't. I'm just hoping... I fixed the crucible... I wanna see it in action again" "Well, Tinuviel's at a table with a mountain of food, we'd better get some before the only food left is the scraps" Akira said, "Agreed" Nate said. Everyone left to get their food from the cafeteria. Afterwards, they headed to the rest of their classes, had dinner, and went to bed. Another day passed, dedicated to training for the exercise/mission.

The final day of the Atlas Exchange was here, the morning was started by an announcement from Ironwood. "Good morning students, today is the final day of the exchange, as a surprise, we have a training exercise/mission for you all. Please get changed into your combat outfits, grab your weapons and some warm clothing and head to the front gate."

"Hm... I wonder what this is about?" Hikari thought, "I'm wearing my warm clothes already" Nate said. "This should be good" Akira smirked. Cobalt knocked on Team ASRN's door "Are you guys ready? My team's heading out already" "I'm ready" Nate said, "Same" Akira said, "Me too" Charcoal added, "Ready to go!" Hikari smiled. Team ASRN left with Team SCHS to head to the front gate, ready for the mysterious mission. Whilst outside, many students were in their combat outfits, along with and additional layer to keep the warm. Jaysin looked over at Shizue and waved to her maliciously. Ellen slapped Jaysin across the face, Shizue flipped him off with a scowl on her face.