Soulmate (Peter Parker)

Start from the beginning

My family have a similar purpose to the Avengers, to stop extreme threats, in this case Rumlow is one of their targets. But my family are more ruthless, less caring. They don't catch their targets, they kill them.

They convince me to join the family business but I've turned them down multiple times. No way am I joining them. I stick with the Avengers because in the end of the day they aren't perfect, but they do more good than my family.

But now Peter's said this, I know what he's thinking. They showed up and tried to kill Rumlow during their plan to catch him, he got away because of this. And Peter thinks I told them where Rumlow would be, that I told them where he was going and where to find him.

"Peter" I say softly and his concerned eyes flick up to my own, keeping locked into my gaze. I turn more in my car seat towards him and sigh, leaning against the back of the chair. "I'm on your side, okay? Always have been, always will be, I promise"

And I mean every word of it. He nods hesitantly. "As for the other day, my family have a lot of control over these parts of New York, you know this. That means that they have insight on cameras everywhere" I give him my explanation and he's listening carefully, I can tell, "I swear to you, I didn't tell them a thing"

Sighing heavily he brings his free hand to mine which he's holding it, enclosing it with his own larger ones and keeping just my knuckles on show, bringing my hand up and pressing his lips to it. "I know" A whisper leaves him, "I'm sorry... I just, I was confused about how they found out and assumed. Im sorry"

Another gentle kiss is pressed onto my knuckles, forcing a little smile onto my face as I watch him give the loving gesture. "It's okay. My family aren't exactly easy to trust"

He looks up smiling at the small laugh that leaves me. "I do trust you" Releasing my hand from one of his he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear, lingering his fingers by my cheek. "You know that right?"

"Of course" I assure.

Leaning in closely, my favourite pair of soft lips press to my own in a gentle kiss. A promising one. Flattening his palm against my cheek, he uses that hold to pull my face an inch closer.

Slowly our lips part and I catch the breath that got snatched away from that connection, it's crazy how he does that to me. But I do it to him too. Peter glances to the backseat of my car before meeting my gaze.

"Come on" His head nods to the back and I sit back confused when he climbs out of his seat and into the back of the car. I can't stop the laugh that escapes my lips. "Get back here" He chuckles, holding out his hand.

"And why's that hm?" I raise a suggestive eyebrow to him, having a feeling I know what he wants. A subtle smirk appears on his face and he stays sat in the middle seat, leaning back with his hands idly resting on his lap.

Lets be realistic, what kind of teenage boy climbs into a backseat of a car in a secluded area waiting for his girlfriend to join without a specific goal set in his mind?

He understands what I'm thinking because he sighs with smile leaning forward closer to me. "We'll get to that eventually" A gentle kiss is placed onto my lips, "Wanna chat with my girlfriend for a bit first"

Rolling my eyes jokingly, I climb back through the gap between the driver and passenger seat and Peter tugs me back onto his lap. Both of us giggling, his lips press to my head before I move to sit beside him.

Huffing, we get comfortable sat in the middle of the three seats and end up cuddled together, my head resting on Peter's shoulder whilst we awe at the sight before us, the bright, vibrant colours of New York City contrasting against the pitch black of the sky above, little dim lights dotted around the endless space above.