Mini-series Part 3: Masked Feelings

Liam goes home to Theo after being broken up with by Hayden. He feels as though he shouldn't be sad.

"Hey! Woah, you smell like... sad puppy"

"Well that would be 50% accurate. I'm not sad."

"So... what happened?"

"She broke up with me."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"How do you feel?"

"I don't really know."

"You're allowed to be sad, she was your first love."

"Yeah, but I don't think I should be."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I didn't really love her. The beginning of the relationship I think the two of us were lonely and wanted someone to fill a void, so we got together. And I feel like the longer the relationship went on, the farther I would distance myself from her and the more I'd use the relationship to mask how I really felt."

"What do you mean?"

"I lost feelings for her a while ago. We stayed together because we didn't have anyone else. Then I started developing feelings for someone and fell in love with them, while still in the relationship. I think it's better that we broke up, not so that I can move onto a new relationship, though that wouldn't be so bad, but so that I don't have to hide anymore. I don't have to hide who I am and who I love."

"What have you been hiding?"

"I'm bisexual."

"Let me ask again, what have you been hiding?"

"That I was bisexual..."

"You sure you were hiding that? You're not so discreet checking a specific someone out..."

"I don't check you out."

"I never mentioned a name."

"Ok fine, I do check you out."

"I know, I've noticed."

"So does that mean you've also noticed that I fell in love with you a bit ago?"

"Yep, noticed that too. I was just waiting for you to notice that I am also in love with you."

"Well... I think I can say that I didn't notice that... that's kinda why I stayed in the relationship with Hayden so long... so I didn't have to be lonely because I didn't think you felt the same way."

"But I have felt the same way so I bet you feel stupid now."

"Yep... completely."

"C'mere," Theo said opening his arms.

Liam flopped down into Theo's bed, into his arms and stayed there. Listening to the heartbeat of the person he loved the most.

"I love you," Liam said.

"I know."