Taking Pain

Theo and Liam had just finished fighting off the hunters. Gabe was dead on the floor, due to a gunshot to the heart. Nolan was standing next to Melissa with Corey and Mason. Theo was just getting up from his spot against one of the hospital walls as he watched a sight that made his heart break.

He watched as Liam dragged his body across the floor, leaving a blood path. He was in pain as he got shot in the chest with a wolfsbane bullet that was too powerful for him to survive. He knew there was no way he was going to survive so he wanted to be able to die peacefully.

Theo was also in pain as he was shot in the shoulder during the fight. He was getting up, holding his shoulder, wincing.

Liam was propped up against the hospital cabinets with blood pouring out of his mouth and the bullet hole in his chest.

"It hurts. It hurts," Liam whispered, voice cracking. This only broke Theo's heart, even more, to see Liam in this much pain. Theo knew Liam was dying and he hated it. He hated that he wouldn't be able to save him, but he would do anything so Liam wouldn't die a painful death.

"It hurts," Theo heard as he started to slowly walk towards the dying boy who he loves. He never got the chance to tell him, but he was very much in love with him. He would do anything for that boy and he lied all those times he said he wouldn't die for him. At this point, Theo would do anything to switch positions with him.

"It hurts, it hurts," Liam kept repeating. With tears streaming down his face, Liam kept whimpering. Theo also had tears running down his face, his eyes were getting all red and puffy. As Theo was following the blood path towards Liam, he was being stared at with glossy, pleading eyes.

Liam looked up through his eyelashes into Theo's eyes as if to beg him to make the pain stop. He was breathing heavily, his chest heaving up and down with each shallow and desperate breath he took. His face contorted in pain. Theo looking down at him in pity because he didn't want Liam to die.

Theo took a minute to take in the view of Liam's state and to process what he was about to do. He crouched down and reached out for one of Liam's arms. He grabbed his forearm with both of his hands. The moment he did, black veins started racing down Liam's arm and up Theo's.

Liam was in a lot of pain, and Theo was taking it all. It was taking a grand toll on Theo and he almost passed out and fell to the ground, but he regained his composure and continued taking the pain. He took Liam's pain until the black veins disappeared.

Liam's heart was slowing down and his breathing became sharper and more shallow. Melissa, Nolan, Corey, and Mason were all standing there still and watching everything happen. They all watched as Theo took Liam's pain. They all had tears in their eyes as they watched the scene unfold.

"Does it hurt anymore?" Theo asked after the veins disappeared.

"No," Liam said, shaking his head. Looking up weakly to Theo, he said "thank you. Thank you, T. Why'd you do it though? Why'd you take my pain? I thought you hated me," he breathed out.

"I did it because I love you."

Judging by the constant skipping in Liam's heart and the look he was giving Theo, it seemed like Liam felt the same way. He would laugh at the other boy's inability to control his heartbeat, but considering the circumstances, laughing was the last thing he wanted to do. "Can I kiss you?" He asked.

Liam nodded his head and Theo bent down and placed a gentle kiss on the other boy's lips. Before he could pull away, he felt a dull pain in his face. Not like it was his own pain, almost as if he was taking someone else's. That thought was only proven correct when Liam pulled him in, kissing him more firmly. Once Theo couldn't feel the pain anymore, he pulled away.

Looking into Liam's eyes, he didn't see a dying boy. He saw a healing werewolf. His eyes were golden, and his fangs and claws were extended. Liam was looking at him in awe.

"You triggered my healing, T. You did it," Liam said with a tired and exasperated smile. "You saved me."

"I did. I saved you," Theo repeated, looking even more shocked than Liam.

"Because you care," Mason interjected, sniffling. "You took his pain and triggered his healing because you care about him and for him... and you love him. Remember, you can only take the pain if you care."

With that, Theo helped Liam up, promising to protect him from anything and everything.

"I love you, T."
"I love you too, pup. Always."

•A/N
I hope you guys enjoyed this one.
Don't forget to vote and let me know what you think.🖤