48

Gemini Myths POV

I felt a poke on my face as I slept very peacefully in my room. I slightly smacked whatever it was and started to turn over.

"No no, wake your sexy ass up." An attractive voice said.

I grumbled quietly as I didn't want to wake up because I knew exactly what today was.

"It's your birthday Gem." Draco said.

"I don't care." I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

"You're seventeen. You're legal now." He said happily.

I peered my eyes open and gave him a death glare.

"Oh yay, I can use the killing curse legally now. How exciting." I said sarcastically.

He sighed quietly. "We're not going to think about that today Gem."

"Draco today is no different than any other day. It's a simple Sunday." I mumbled as I sat up in bed.

"Why do you hate your birthday so much?" He asked quietly.

"My birthday is the reason I have no mother." I said bluntly as I stood up and made my way towards the bathroom.

"But a beautiful life was created." He smiled.

I didn't want to ruin his good mood so I just smiled back.

"We're going to have a party tonight." He said happily.

I laughed slightly as I grabbed my toothbrush. "Gryffindor or Slytherin?"

"Babe why would I throw a Slytherin party on a Gryffindors day?" He said with an eyebrow raise.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Are the twins coming?"

He looked down at his lap. "Um they said they couldn't today."

I laughed. "That was a good one, but they've never missed a birthday."

"I'm sorry Gem." He spoke quietly.

I gulped slightly and leaned against my bathroom counter. "It's okay, I'm going to get ready."

I shut the bathroom door and quickly brushed my teeth as I started the shower. I hoped in and sunk to the ground.

The twins have never missed a birthday ever since they met me. They have always been the ones to barge into my bedroom and wish me a happy birthday before anyone else could.

I know it's not the mark that is causing them to miss it, as they still love me just the same but what could possibly be happening that they have missed my legal birthday?

The twins are always the ones who convince me that today is more than my mothers birthday, they are always here to remind me that a beautiful life was created out of it. So what changed?

I sighed quietly as I quickly washed my hair and my body and shaved.

And then I sat there for a bit longer as I stared at the mark on my left forearm.

All I want for my birthday is to go back and time. Go back in time to where life was more simple, when I cried over failing a potions test, or when I cried to Madam Pomfrey about getting my first period because how the hell do you tell a single father that? I want to go back to when life was filled with laughter and joy and my biggest worry was meeting new friends.

I want to go back to sitting in the common room with the twins as they chased me around and pranked me and made me laugh until I was in tears.

I just want simple.