Quote #365

*Montgomery walks up to the door of the station, which has been replaced with a security door, with a buzzer next to the door. He presses the button, then Vic answers the phone.*

Vic: The tea in Nepal is very hot.

Montgomery, reading off his arm: But the coffee in Peru is much hotter.

*Vic buzzes him into the station*

Maya to the audience: I've been looking for ways to improve the station for a while. My first project: increase security. I got these doors from a jewelry store that had recently gone out of business. Now they’re protecting America’s real treasure, paper. Every morning I email the day’s security codes. Something that’s been really missing from my life has been writing secret codes. It’s not the KGB, but it’s a start.

*Maya walks up to the door.*

Vic: The tea in Nepal is very hot.

Maya: But the coffee in Peru is far hotter.

Vic: Close.

Maya: This is Tuesday, right? The coffee in Paraguay is far hotter?

Vic: Colder

Maya: The coffee in Paraguay is colder?

Vic: No, I meant you’re getting colder. The correct response is, “the coffee in Peru is much hotter.”

Maya: Ah, much, ok.

Vic: But, that’s three wrong, so I gotta give you the steam.

*Maya begins to protest*

Vic: Unless you want me to break protocol?

Maya: *sighs, annoyed* No, no. Give me the steam.

*Vic presses a button and steam gets released.*

Maya, to the audience: It’s just harmless steam to panic intruders. I’d like to get harmful steam, but the prices are absurd.

Maya: *getting steamed and banging on the door* Break protocol! Break protocol! Break protocol!

Gibson, to the audience: *carrying in clothes on hangers* Oh, I’m saving a fortune on dry cleaning.

Reference- The Office