Part 20: Saving Carly

Riley's POV 

Carly jumped out of the way just before the shot hit Leaserbeak sending him flying out of the window. Sam ren to Carly to help her to the balcony as I covered their backs. The moment Dylan's bodyguards came into the room I activated my shield as they began to shoot at us. Looking back I saw Sam and Carly getting on top of Bee's ship who came back up to get us. 

Sam: ''Riley!'' 

Carly: ''Come on!'' 

I looked back forward so my eyes made a connection with Dylan. 

Me: ''Say hi to Megatron for me. Now Bumblebee!'' 

The moment Bee began to shoot I deactivated my shield, turn around and began to run towards the ship. As I jumped on the ship I was about to tell Bee to get us away from here when I felt something coming. Before I knew it I was pushed away by Sam who was instead of me being attacked by Leaserbeak. 

I quickly began to pick myself up so I could help my brother when suddenly the ship began to go down. Looking to my left I saw that a drone flew straight into the turning engine. Great! 

Me: ''Sam whatever you don't move!'' 

I yelled as I aimed my gun at Leaserbeak. 

Me: ''This is your end.'' 

I shot him in the head and as his eyes closed I pushed him off Sam. 

Sam: ''Shit! Shit, we are going to crash!'' 

Me: ''Don't panic and take a hold of something!'' 

I said as I took a hold of a ship. Bee was trying to control the ship but nothing that he tried to do helped. The moment before we hit the ground Sam and I jumped off the ship and landed on some bushes. 

Sam: ''You ok?'' 

Me: ''Yeah. You?'' 

Sam: ''Great.'' 

Sam and I quickly stood up and ran up to Bee and Carly who were getting out of the ship. The moment Sam came to Carly he pulled her in his arms giving her a strong, loving hug. Bee who was in his human form approached me. 

Bee: ''That was crazy.'' 

Me: ''You don't say.'' 

Feeling his spark I looked back to see Optimus and others coming our way. Epps and his team came out of the Wreckers. 

Epps: ''Well you two are crazy!'' 

First, he hugged me, and then he hugged my brother. 

Optimus: ''Are you okay Riley?'' 

Me: ''Yeah I'm fine.'' 

I said as I looked up at his worried optics then I approached the drone. 

Me: ''This is a military UAV.'' 

Epps: ''Stone, check and see if it's still working.'' 

Stone: ''Yeah, it's still got power.'' 

Epps: ''Flight Control do you copy? Can...Can you rotate? Can you do something? Come on work! Work!'' 

The drone finally moved its camera towards Epps. 

Epps: ''Yes! Yes! Okay, okay, okay. They can see us.'' 

He moved out of the way so I could step towards the drone. 

Me: ''Chicago is ground zero, do you understand? Can you understand?'' 

Sam: ''Can they hear us?'' 

Carly: ''Please listen. Sentinel Prime is here and he has his pillars to his space bridge. They're on top of a building on the Chicago River. It's owned by Hotchkiss Gould Investments. Now the pillar that controls everything is in the southeast cupola.'' 

Me: ''You've got to destroy the pillar. You have to shoot it down the pillar or they will transport Cybertron here, do you understand?'' 

Sam: ''Can they hear?'' 

The drone nodded. 

Carly: ''So what now?'' 

Optimus: ''We need to move before the fighters spot us. Wait here until we scout a route ahead.'' 

I nodded. 

Optimus: ''Let's role.'' 

Sideswipe: ''Ratchet, cover high.'' 

Bee and Wheeljack stayed with us as others left. I turned my gaze towards Epps. 

Sam: ''Hey, think we could use that rocket to shoot down the pillar?'' 

He asked Epps. 

Epps: ''We're eight blocks away. We got to get closer to take the shot.'' 

Stone: ''Not closer. Higher. We need a clear line of sight.'' 

He said as I followed his gaze to the building. 

Epps: ''And it's across the river. Gonna have a hell of a time trying to sneak up.'' 

Man 2: ''We only have one shot.'' 

Me: ''One shot is all we need.'' 

I said making everyone look at me. A few minutes later I was inside the Optimus behind the wheel. We were driving towards the building so we could shoot the pillar down. Optimus was the last one driving when I felt something. No correction...I felt someone.

Me: ''Optimus!'' 

At that moment the ground beneath us began to shake and as I looked into the rare mirror I saw Shockwaves worm coming out of the ground trying to grab Optimuses trailer. Optimus began to drive faster but the moment worm made contact with the trailer Optimus had to let it go. Looking into the rare mirror again I saw Shockwave's optic looking right at me. We needed to stop in one of the safe houses to plan another plan. 

Epps: ''This is one scary-ass Decepticon!'' 

Me: ''You don't say.'' 

I said as I approach him and others. 

Optimus: ''They got my trailer. I need that flight tech.'' 

He said as he prepared his gun. 

Optimus: ''Shockwave can't hunt all of us at once. Wreckers, we need a diversion.'' 

Roadbuster: ''Let's get some!'' 

Leadfoot: ''Let's show them!!'' 

I looked at Epps. 

Me: ''What are you thinking?'' 

Epps: ''Listen, we're gonna circle around to the glass building. And we'll get high enough to make the rocket shoot while you guys draw his fire.'' 

Me: ''Let's move!'' 

We all began to run.

Wheeljack: ''Wait a minute! I'm not letting you go out there without my urban combat prototypes.'' 

We stopped and approach him. 

Sideswipe: ''We got to go, Que! Come on.'' 

Wheeljack: ''They're great inventions for kicking ass!'' 

I pick on the prototype from the ground and looked at it. 

Sam: ''What are these?'' 

Wheeljack: ''Those are boom-sticks. Armed in 30 seconds. Grapple gloves, for climbing.'' 

He said as he gave me one of the gloves in my hand. 

Me: ''Thank you Wheeljack. Now, let's go!''