Part 3: Blue Eyes

Riley's POV

Waking up the next day I found myself sleeping on Optimus's side of the bed. If only I could wake up in his arms and then I would share a long passionate kiss with him. But what can you do? Life isn't fear. He and Ratchet must be getting close to the moon by now. A smile grew on my face as I remembered the first time I woke up in Optimus's arms. It was one week after the battle for the all spark and I was having a horrible nightmare. 

Three Years Ago...

Opening my eyes I saw that I was in the middle of the city which was being attacked by alien space ships. Buildings around me were destroyed as streets were empty. There was not a soul around. A growl was heard behind me making me slowly turn around. A tall figure in black was standing just a few meters away from me. It was a transformer with red optics.  I couldn't see who it was because it was surrounded by black smoke. 

Transformer: ''Riley....'' 

Me: ''Who...who are you?'' 

The transformer didn't respond to me. He began to walk towards me. I quickly turned around and began to run. Who was that and what did he want from me?  He began to run after me. I was running as fast as I could between the buildings not knowing where to go. 

Me: ''Optimus! Optimus help! Help me please!'' 

Just as I came to another street around the corner I saw Optimus. I began to run towards him. 

Me: ''Optimus! Help!'' 

Optimus: ''Riley!'' 

He began to run towards me. Looking back I saw transformers hand reaching for a sword. I could hear the swing behind me but before it could hit me Optimus step in front of me. 

Me: ''NO!'' 

With tears in my eyes, I saw him falling backward. I ren up to him. He wasn't moving and his eyes were closed. A sword was in the middle of his chest making blue blood dripping from the wound. 

Me: ''No, no! Optimus please!''

Transformers: ''Come here!'' 

His had was getting closer and closer. 

Me: ''No please no! No! No!''

Voice: ''Riley! Riley wake up! Riley!'' 

My eyes open with great speed to see Optimus looking down at me with a worried face. The moment that I realized that it was a nightmare I began to cry. I didn't even realize how badly my body was shaking until I placed my hands on my face. I was never so scared of nightmares before. Optimus took a hold of me and pulled me into a strong hug. 

Optimus: ''It's okay Riley. I'm here. It's okay, you are safe.'' 

With my head and hands on his chest, I cried until I calmed down. 

Me: ''How did you know?'' 

Optimus: ''We are bonded, Riley. I know when you are scared, happy, angry, or sad. The moment I heard your screams I knew that you needed me.'' 

Me: ''I didn't know that I was screaming. I'm sorry.'' 

Optimus: ''Hey don't be sorry for something you can't control. Would you tell me what were you dreaming about?'' 

Me: ''I don't know who it was but it was a transformer. In all black with red optics. I don't know who it was but he knew me. I could feel that he heated me more than anything. Just as he was about to get me you came. You were trying to save me but...''