Part 8: A Sparkling

Optimus's POV

Lennox: ''By the Primus, what happened?'' 

He asked as he looked at Riley in my hands. I was holding her close to my chest with my jacket over her. She wasn't feeling well. I could see that Lennox was about to ask about her blue eyes, but he knew that it was not the time or place. 

Me: ''We need some space.'' 

Lennox: ''All right come.'' 

He turned around and began to lead us to the room. We needed some space so Ratchet could check Riley. If I was right I already knew what was wrong with her, but I needed Ratchet's opinion. 

Charlotte: ''What happened outside? One of the guys has a broken nose.'' 

Said Charlotte as she began to follow us. 

Ironhide: ''He's lucky it's only his nose that's broken.'' 

Charlotte: ''What?'' 

Mirage: ''We told him to put a gun down.'' 

Sideswipe: ''He didn't apply so we helped him.'' 

Ironhide: ''By our way.'' 

Charlotte: ''I deserve an explanation Prime.'' 

Sideswipe: ''Don't.'' 

Charlotte: ''Prime!'' 

I ignored her. The only thing important right now was Riley. As we came into the med room I gently placed Riley on the bed. I only wanted Ratchet in the room so other Autobots stayed behind together with Lennox, Sam, and his girlfriend. As Ratchet closed the doors behind him he approached us. 

Sam told me what happened with Leaserbeak. Riley had powers. The description that Sam gave to me was like the power from the All Spark. She had to have it inside of her ever since she was brought back to life by the All Spark two years ago. 

Ratchet: ''Let's see what's wrong.'' 

He began to scan Riley's body. The moment he came to her stomach his eyes got big as gaps left his mouth. 

Ratchet: ''By the Primus himself.'' 

Riley: ''What? What is it Ratchet?'' 

Ratchet: ''Riley...you are with sparkling.'' 

Riley looked at me with worried eyes. She didn't understand what Ratchet was saying. 

Me: ''Ratchet would you give us a minute?'' 

He nodded and left the room. 

Riley: ''What is wrong with me Optimus?'' 

I slowly turned my gaze towards her. She was sitting up with her hands on her lap and her blue eyes on me. I took a seat next to her and took a hold of her left hand. 

Me: ''You are pregnant Riley. 

Riley's POV 

Optimus: ''You are pregnant Riley.'' 

The second those words left his mouth I froze. Did...did he...did he say that-that I was...

Me: ''What?'' 

I couldn't believe what he was telling me. He took my left hand which he was still holding and placed it on my stomach. 

Optimus: ''Listen and you will hear the heartbeat.'' 

I looked down at my hand and listen closely. I waited for a few seconds when I heard it. I quickly looked up to meet Optimuses eyes.