Part 17: Leaving You Behind

Riley's POV 

Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I was supporting my head with my hands against my legs. I was driving inside of Bumblebee towards the big rocket that was going to take them away from Earth. No one knew where the rocket was taking them, but it would take them far away. This can't be happening. They can't leave. They are my family. 

Bee: ''I'm so sorry Riley.'' 

I slowly turned my head to my left to see him sitting behind the wheel in his hologram form. His eyes were felt with sadness. 

Me: ''You can't leave me, Bee. You are my best friend.'' 

I said as I covered my face with my hands. This was crazy. Without them, we didn't have a chance against Megatron and Sentinel. As we came to the ship I step out of Bee so he could change into his human form. The moment that he did he step toward me and pulled me into a hug. He placed his hands on my waist as I placed my hands around his neck. 

Me: ''Please don't go.'' 

Bee: ''I don't want to go...but we don't have a choice.'' 

Me: ''You gave me a promise that you will never leave me.'' 

I said as I remembered the day he gave me that promise. It was the day we called each other best friends for the first time. All my best friends had left me and Bee promised me that our friendship would never end. 

Bee: ''I couldn't ask for a better best friend than you Riley. I love you.'' 

Me: ''I love you too.'' 

Opening my eyes I saw Autobots coming our way. That really hit me. They were really leaving. My family was leaving me behind. As Autobots came to us, Bee and I broke apart. Just then I noticed one man carrying Brains and Wheelie in a cage. 

Wheelie: ''Riley listen to me. Don't let them exile us.'' 

Brains: ''Don't let them take us please.'' 

Wheelie: ''We don't want to go! Sam!'' 

With pain in my heart, I looked after them as they were being carried away. I wanted to tell the man that was carrying them to let them out but I knew Wheelie. He would try to escape and Brains would follow him like he always did. 

Sam: ''Optimus.'' 

Optimus: ''What your leaders say is true. This was all my fault. I told them whom to trust. I was so wrong.'' 

 Me: ''It's not your fault Optimus.'' 

I said as I looked up at him in his blue eyes. 

Sam: ''That doesn't make it your fault. It just makes you human for a change.'' 

Optimus: ''Remember this. You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves.'' 

Sam: ''I need to know how you're gonna fight back. I know this is strategy, I know you're coming back. For Riley and...'' 

Optimus turned his head toward me and our eyes met. 

Optimus: ''There is no plan.'' 

Sam: ''You can't leave Riley and her baby like this.'' 

Me: ''He doesn't have a choice.'' 

I said as tears began to pour out of my eyes. The arms of my husband came around me pilling me into a strong hug. I had my hands on his chest as I was barring my head on his chest. Other Autobots left so we could talk. 

Optimus: ''You must know that I will always love you, Riley. Even if we are a galaxy apart my spark will never stop searching for you.'' 

Me: ''You can't leave Optimus. You can't leave us.'' 

His hand came under my chin making me look up at his eyes. 

Optimus: ''I don't have a choice, Riley. If I could I would never leave you. Not even for a second. You are my world.'' 

Me: ''What about our baby? What do I say to her when she will be asking about her dad?'' 

Optimus: ''Tell her....'' 

His lips came close to my left ear as he whispered the words in my ear. Then he looked at me and we placed our foreheads together. 

Optimus: ''I love you.'' 

With that, he placed a kiss on my lips. Then he let go of me and began to walk toward the ship. I looked after him then I looked away as tears began to roll down my cheeks again. This was not happening. This can't be real. 

Sam: ''Riley...'' 

He touched my left shoulder making me look at him. 

Me: ''No...'' 

With that, I began to run. 

Me: ''Optimus!'' 

He stopped on his track and turned around. The moment I came to him I jumped into his arms and placed my hands around his neck. He placed his hands around me holding me tight. 

Optimus: ''Riley...my beautiful Riley.'' 

Me: ''I know that you have to go but please...don't.'' 

Optimus: ''Leaving you and our baby behind it's the hardest thing that I had to do Riley.'' 

Me: ''Promise me that one day you will return to me. Promise me Optimus.'' 

He carefully placed me on the ground so we could look at each other. 

Optimus: ''I promise. I love you my moon.'' 

Y/N: ''I will be waiting for you my sun.'' 

With that, he placed his lips against mine. The kiss was short but filled with passion and sadness. I didn't want it to end. I was hoping that this was just a nightmare from which I would wake up and saw that it was only a dream. Then as the kiss was over, Optimus let go of me, turned his body around, and began to walk away from me. Tears were pouring out of my eyes. 

As he came to the spaceship he stopped and change into his original form. Then he looked back at me and our eyes meet. 

Me: ''I love you...'' 

A smile that I loved grew on his face, then he turned around and left into the spaceship. My body began to shake as tears were pouring down my cheeks. Stepping next to the face that was on my left I took a good hold of it trying not to fall. When I closed my eyes a hand was placed on my left shoulder. Opening my eyes I saw that it was Sam and Simmons was in the wheelchair behind him. 

Simmons: ''Years from now, they're gonna ask us: ''Where were you when they took over the planet?'' We're gonna say: ''We just stood by and watched.''