Chapter 24

You wake up with a pounding migraine and groan fully intent on making your way to your tiny bathroom and feeling around with your eyes closed until you find the bottle of aspirin that you keep on the counter. As soon as you turn over, however, you find that you are very much not in your apartment. Nor are you in Stephen's which causes you to panic even more than you already were without your eyes being open. This causes you to open your eyes and sit up quickly which only makes matters go from bad to worse. "Oh God, I think I'm gonna be sick!" You groan as you look around the unfamiliar room for a trash can in a dead panic. "Here." A man's voice says to your left and and you grab whatever it is that he's handing to you and instantly retch into it. After you've emptied the contents of your stomach into the wastebasket you sit it down on the floor at the end of the small, hard, plastic bed that you're sitting on and then look around.

"So can I take this out or will you need it again?" The man's voice asks and you look over and see Tony Stark looking a very lovely shade of green as he tries to control his own stomach. "Yea, I think I'm good." You say with a smirk as he almost sobs in relief and grabs the basket and sprints out of the room with it. "Are you alright, dear?" Another man's voice asks and you immediately tense up. "I'm perfectly fine, no thanks to you, Doctor. Now if you don't mind, I need you to get me an escort back to my apartment." You say coldly refusing to even look at him. Before you'd flipped your crap and lost it back in his basement you could almost hear your omega begging for him but now that part is completely silent. It was almost as if that part wasn't even there at all anymore. "I can't allow you to do that, (Y/N). I'm sorry." He says as he comes into your field of vision and you turn so that he doesn't get the pleasure of looking into your eyes.

"And precisely why the hell not, Doctor?" You growl as you cross your arms and legs tightly and you hear him sigh. "Because you exhibited an unusual amount of rage back in my basement. Omegas don't ever get that mad and if they do it's usually because their young is being attacked or threatened. We've ran every test we can think of and they all seem normal. You're also not pregnant." He says very quickly as your head jerks back around and you glare daggers at him at the mention of children.

"Well, if everything is normal then why am I being kept here against my will? Or have you gotten the Avengers in on keeping omegas who want nothing to do with their psycho stalkers hostage until they finally break down mentally and just accept their fate?" You hiss and you can see that this strikes deep in Strange. "(Y/N), you know I would never keep you locked up without a good cause." He says in a soft, hurt voice. "Yeah? Well, I'm fine. The only thing that's wrong is I have a migraine and I don't need you to tell me how to fix that. I have a bottle of Excedrin at my apartment that will fix me right up. Now, if you'll excuse me." You say as you hop off the small bed and grab your shoes off the small table by the door and walk out.

"Whoa there, speedy. You can't leave just yet." Tony says as he rounds the corner and spots you walking up the hall towards him with a very distressed Stephen right behind you. "I tried to tell-" He begins but you look over your shoulder and shoot him a withering glare that shuts him up. "I don't care. You've already run multiple tests if this one," you say as you jerk your thumb over your shoulder towards Strange. "Is to be believed. So I'm discharging myself effective immediately. If there's a problem with that then I suggest you get Maria Hill or Natasha Romanoff in here to go over my charts with me. Otherwise, I'm leaving and I'm taking my month long vacation that I've saved up. I will not be going on missions, training exercises, or anything else that you two and Fury can concoct that will try and get me in the same room with the good Doctor." You sneer the word 'doctor' as you storm around Tony and he flattens himself against the wall to get out of harm's way. He'd learned very early on that pissed off omegas were not to be antagonized under any circumstance.

It was becoming increasingly apparent that something had snapped in your mind while you were out and you were reliving some sort of trauma and the scientists in the room couldn't figure out what was going on even as they were scrambling to find all the charts to try and see what they could have missed. "What in the actual hell is going on now?" Steve asks and Tony simply shrugs as he makes sure that everything that's supposed to be attached is still attached.

By the time you got to the nearest elevator, you'd already managed to pull your shoes back on while waiting for it to arrive on your floor. You quickly rushed inside as soon as the doors slid open then jabbed the close door button then held it and the floor 1 button until the elevator began moving much quicker than it normally would. You'd learned that trick from a firefighter friend of yours when you were eighteen years old. It would get you to the floor you needed to be on quickly and without stopping. As you got to the first floor, you had a feeling that something was off when you stepped out and everyone that got a look at you went completely silent. You didn't think anything of it but subconsciously did what you'd done in high school and put your eyes on the ground and kept walking. But you quickly found out once you got back to your apartment what the problem was.