Chapter 13

As you storm away, Stephen turns and walks straight for the elevators. "Doctor!" Several of the older Avengers say in a warning tone but he's already disappeared behind the elevator doors. As the car descends, he lets lose a primal scream of anquish and punches the wall furthest from him. Pain radiates up to his shoulder and he's quite sure that he's rebroken something in his hand but he doesn't care anymore. As soon as the doors slide open, he makes a beeline straight for Stark's not so private stash of the finest aged liquor.

"Day drinking?" Tony says as Stephen storms past him and the only reply he gets is Stephen snapping his fingers and everything in the room shifting two inches to the left. Tony's scream of anguish leaves a sadistic smile on the brooding Alpha's face as he walks through the wall completely disregarding the door with the fingerprint and retinal scanners and walks to the very back of the room where the strongest and oldest stuff is hidden.

Tony barges through the door and tries to confront with Strange but Stephen is having none of it and opens a portal beneath his feet sending him crashing to the floor below before quickly sealing the portal and resuming his drinking.

But no matter how much he drank and how hard he tried he could still see the agony in your eyes as you spit your venomous words at him. What hurt even worse was the fact that he knew they were true. He had hurt you deeply and he doubted there was anything he could do to make things right between the two of you. He takes another long drink and angrily brushes the cold tears that are streaming down his cheeks away.

His phone begins to vibrate and he pulls it out of his pocket and sees that it's Tina calling him. He growls and throws it across the room where it shatters into a thousand tiny pieces and stands up and staggers to the middle of the room where he very sloppily opens a portal to a remote mountain side in Europe then falls through it.

He lands face first and groans loudly then waves his hands over his shoulder to close the portal. He doesn't make it far before his stomach heaves and he's forced to expel the mead that he's ingested. Once he's done he manages to crawl into the trunk of a massive tree and curls up and begins to sob.

"(Y/N)!" He whimpers as the Cloak of Levitation pulls itself around him to keep him warm as the sun begins to set. Over and over the vision of you crying and telling him the hell he put you through before storming off replays in his mind until he squeezes his eyes shut tightly and tries to meditate only for the visions to become more vivid.

"FUCK!" He roars as he scrambles out of the tree and lands on his knees. In his anguish, he rips the Cloak off of him and throws it as hard as he can away from him not caring which direction it goes as long as it's not on him any longer. "Not worthy! Not worthy of this title. Not worthy of her!" He mumbles as he staggers off up the mountain.

Hours pass and he finally finds a partially covered cave to crawl into as it begins to pour rain. He hasn't noticed but the Cloak has been gracefully flittering along behind him and as soon as he passes out it gently drapes itself over him. What Stephen doesn't know is that halfway across the world you're heat has kicked in so badly that not even Dr. Banner and Cho's suppressants are working anymore. The only word the Avengers can make out before you black out from the pain is you screaming his name.

Strange's HeartacheOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara