Chapter 12

The first thing that happened once you regained your senses and you walked through the very large crowd of terrified yet nosy Avengers is you began to giggle. It was softly at first but then you had to put your hand over your mouth to keep from getting too loud as they stood there watching you lose touch with reality for a moment. You finally manage to calm down and realize you needed to go back and save your work before closing the computer. You finally stood up after a few moments and motioned for Stephen to follow you into the conference room.

It was completely empty except the two of you and you made your way to the far side of the room after flicking your hand over your shoulder causing the door to lock itself. You didn't see the sad look in Stephen's eyes change to one of momentary pride that you'd come so far nor did you see him lower his head as you walked past him and brush a stray tear from his cheek. You looked all around once then turned and faced Stephen with rage and determination flaming in your eyes.

"What exactly do you want to talk about, doctor? You used me and then you left me for her. And this was after I was tortured halfway to madness by the same woman on orders from your...ex boss person." You hiss as traitorous tears well in your eyes and you rub your eyes to try and stop them from betraying your true feelings. Instead of vanishing like you want them to they spill down your cheeks causing Stephen to take a step forward.

"DON'T!" You growl as you furiously wipe the tears away more angry at yourself for showing your true emotions than him for trying to help. "(Y/N), please let me explain..." He begins and you let out a snort as you walk over to the nearest chair and sit down. "Yes, please explain, doctor. Explain what would cause an omega's heats to completely stop because of how much emotional turmoil they are in. Explain what would happen when said omega decided to stop eating because she feels like it's pointless to do so. And please tell me in graphic detail what the textbook definition of severe depression is." Stephen looks at the floor as she finishes and his heart breaks. He knew that she would be hurting too but he never realized the extent of it.

"I don't...I never..." He begins then takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "I don't want her. I've never wanted her. You can ask Wong. As soon as I laid eyes on you, I was smitten from the beginning. Why do you think I was the one to come find you? I forbade anyone else from going into that sewer to find you! Because I was so sure that they wouldn't be able to help you fast enough. Or that they wouldn't get you back in time. And then I saw you bleeding and even though it took almost everything out of me I still healed you because it's what Alphas do for the omegas they love."

"Don't you DARE talk to me about love! If you loved anyone but yourself you would have fought harder for me that day that she showed up in your kitchen and shoved her hand inside me and used my broken ribs as a fucking xylophone!" You growl as you lean forward. "You don't know what love is, Strange. The only kind you've ever known is the egotistical love you have for yourself! And that kind of love never truly goes away. It's always going to be there in the back of your mind telling you how I'll never be good enough. How you can do what I do better, say what I say, think what I think...be what I am BETTER THAN I CAN! And I'm not sure I want to give you a chance anymore, doctor. I've already been put back on suppressants to keep my heats at bay so I don't pass out from the pain of them."

Stephen goes pale as you hurl all of this at him but he doesn't reply. He knows that he's hurt you very deeply. He knows he may never be able to see you laugh like you once did or start dancing when one of your favorite songs come on the radio. He'll probably never get to watch you sleep peacefully with your arms curled up beneath your pillow and one leg straight out and one bent. All the things that Tina ripped away from him floats through his head and his heart breaks a little more.

"I know I don't deserve you. But at least let me try and make it better." He whispers as a single tear slips down his cheek. You look at him after he whispers this. He looks...sincere. Well, almost. If he hadn't put you through hell and back then you MIGHT have believed this display of emotions but the icy wall you'd built around your heart didn't thaw at all as you said, "You can't. Your omega won't allow it," before turning and storming towards the door. With a wave of your hand the door unlocked itself and flew open and all the Avengers who had been crouched trying to eavesdrop on the two of you scattered as you grabbed your things and went back to your room leaving Stephen more heartbroken than when he arrived.