Chapter 11

A year passes. One long, sometimes lonely, sometimes angry, tear filled, alcohol guzzling year. You had thrown yourself into training to try and keep your mind off of Stephen's betrayal. You'd also thrown Sol Rama and Wong around the training room as if they were rag dolls when they came to you to try and explain what had happened and why they'd had to put a spell on you. A few of the Avengers had tactlessly tried to start a conversation about Strange while you were near when you'd first arrived but Steve and Tony had very quickly but a stop to that with threats of violence against the next person that tried it.

Stephen had managed to stay out of sight every time he had a meeting at the compound. He'd walk in with his nerves strung tighter that Clint's bow and walk out almost sobbing. Whether it was from relief or sadness that he'd been so close yet didn't get a chance to see you he couldn't quite tell but he'd always go back to the Sanctuary, Tina, and his corrosive depression.

Every time one of your team members would tell you that you had missed him you had a war of emotions rush through you. Relief that you didn't have to see his traitorous face, rage that he picked her over you after making you feel things that you were sure that you would never feel with anyone else in your life, and depression that for some reason you weren't good enough for him.

What you didn't know is that he had cried himself to sleep night after night after you'd left through the portal. He'd also waited until Tina went to sleep then sprinted to the bathroom and thrown up after every single time he was intimate with her. Once his stomach was empty he would go back to crying because all he wanted was for you to be back in his arms. For you to be in his bed writhing beneath him as he pleasures you night after night.

But then the day came that you and he ended up meeting face to face once again. It was a cold day which was odd since it was still August. It looked as though it was going to start raining at any moment as you made your way to the library in the compound to work on your essay for your AP Psychology class for college.

A migraine was already trying to form before you ever even stepped foot into the massive room and you quickly took an Excedrin at the water fountain right outside the double doors before walking in and walking to your favorite spot in the very back on the second floor at a table near the conference room doors which you thought was the safest place in the library to be since that room was hardly ever used at all. But you was about to be proven so very wrong and in front of quite a few Avengers.

About an hour after you'd started your work the door opened slowly and several of the Avengers walked out. You didn't see who all had walked out because you were concentrating so hard on your computer screen and trying to figure out why the paragraph you'd been stuck on for half that time didn't make sense. You still didn't have a clue what was going on until your best friend walked in to check on you and screamed causing you to almost jump out of your skin.

"What the hell, (Y/B/F's/N)?!" You yelp barely catching yourself before you tipped yourself and the chair over backwards as you glared at your friend. "L-Look!" Your friend gasps as they point towards the conference door and for some reason before you even turned around time began to slow and your stomach started to twist and then...you saw him. "Hello, (Y/N). We need to talk." Stephen says quietly as all the air feels like it's being pulled out of your lungs. "No!" You best friend whispers as you stand up and the world seems to fall away and from behind everyone you hear the Captain America himself whisper, "Oh fuck."