59. Through the Storm

Third Person's P.O.V.

When Taehyung brought Kian back into their chamber, he was amused at how peaceful Jin looked as he soundly slept.

"You're really something else" he chuckled under his breath remembering the way Jin had fussed over all day how as an omega he was fundamentally better at taking care of the pup and wanted Kian all to himself.
And now he seemed to have no care in the world.

Taehyung put the sleeping child in his crib, watching Kian gurgle incoherently before he snuggled back to sleep as he tucked him under the baby blanket and Taehyung shuffled out of his heavy clothes, pulling on a pajama before he he slipped into bed.

He glanced at Jin, eyes staying on how his mate had substituted him with a pillow and was embracing it to his chest instead. Jin seemed to be glowing with a different kinda charm tonight and a contentment that surpassed all the troublesome things that surrounded them.

A kind of tenderness filled Taehyung's chest to see his mate like that...healthy, safe and happy. The feeling was so fulfilling that Taehyung felt like he could just watch Jin all night. Thoughts about what his mate had gone through since being mated to him flashed through his mind and Taehyung quietly gulped the regret, brushing a careful hand across Jin's brow to move his fringes in order to get a clearer view of his sleeping face.

It was a few minutes later when he was startled to see an awake Jin blinking at him though groggy eyes and realized he had fallen too deep into his thoughts.

"Why're you staring at me like that?" Jin mumbled sleepily, blinking at the alpha.

The words softly bounced against the striking calm around the chamber and Taehyung felt blank for a moment as he tried to gather his thoughts and tell his brain that his mate was awake now...and awake Jin was a difficult thing, unlike cute sleeping Jin.

However, he caught Jin's eyes time and again falling to his neck and bare chest and tried not to laugh at how he could see the way the omega was controlling himself to not ask for what he wanted.

"What do you wan-" "Nothing"

He saw Jin drop his eyes and duck lower to cuddle with the pillow instead. For the last few days due to the birth, Jin's omega had been dominating over his instincts and Taehyung could practically sense how he was holding his omega back.

He scooted closer, whispering over Jin's head "you can scent me if you want to..."

And he laughed a little, to see Jin giving in instantly when he opened his arms to let his mate fit himself in the coil of his hands. Jin instantly clung onto him, nuzzling at his neck as he scent marked his alpha...making Taehyung bristle when he felt his tongue lick at the side of his neck.

"Seems like you missed me too much eh?" Taehyung sounded smug as he smirked at his mate, who stopped the action, suddenly feeling conscious f how needy he must seem right now and resorted to quietly cling onto his alpha instead. Yes, he was self-conscious but Taehyung's scent felt just too calming to ignore right now.

"When did you get back?" The question was a quiet mumble against his neck and Taehyung secretly took a whiff of Jin's pleasant scent before replying.

"A while ago" he felt the next question before Jin had even uttered it "Kian is asleep" he added knowing Jin would be curious.

He rested his head on his pillow, drawing patterns along Jin's back with a gentle hand as the soft silence prevailed in their chamber.

"Why were you sitting and staring at me instead of sleeping?" The coy mumble was heard against his neck again and Taehyung's lips curved into an inadvertent smile.