2. The Prize

Third Person’s P.O.V.

A chilling air blew, dark grey clouds hiding away the moon while the ship dauntlessly headed towards the enemy port waiting ahead.

A hooded figure stood glaring in the direction as he silently watched the other ships reach the shore and break upon the enemy, sharp shiny blades glinting and slashing as howls of death rose into the night and the moon silently watched the massacre.

The hooded figure looked up, scowling at the pale crescent hanging among a star-spangled sky, his eyes burning with unbridled rage and violent discontent.

“We are nearing the shore, I think it’s time you put on your armour” a voice spoke behind him and instantly his eyes were back to their regular calm indifference.

“Thank you for your concern General Hoseok but I don’t think anyone holds the power to touch me if I don’t want it” Jimin smirked glancing shortly at the armoured man beside him, a fiery threat lacing his words as his fingers tightened on the edge of the ship.

They went back to silently watch the vivid scene in front of them, their heart beating wildly as they waited to play their part in the combat that awaited them.

“By the time the time the moon is set we will have our prize in our hands and this long journey will finally come to an end” General Hoseok thought out loud as the men swarmed into the deck.

“Oh no my good General” a light chuckle left Jimin’s lips as he smiled into the distance “it is only the mere beginning, for all our fates depend on the prize we have come for…and our beloved liege will not hesitate to have all our heads if we return without it”

All were ready to break upon the enemy, their swords drawn and resolutions fierce as orders were yelled and boots trampled over the wood until everything came to a standstill when the ship hit the port.

“CHARGE!!” Was the only battle cry General Hoseok loudly ordered and hundreds of soldiers jumped onto the enemy land to slash through flesh and bones that dared to fight back against them.

The palace doors were thrown open, boots trampling heavily on marble while pain echoed through the streets outside. The palace had been surrounded, Eulan’s soldiers fighting till the their last breath as they denied to accept defeat, choosing death instead as they stood proud against the harsh wounds the blades created on their bodies.

General Hoseok marched proudly, slashing down whoever dared to stand in his way as he treaded towards the throne where King Yeonho still sat with a head held strong against the imminent threat staring at him.  

A young lady clad in heavy armour walked up to guard the King, denying to bow before the enemy General as she breathlessly fought, denying to back down as he kept wounding her and she bled through the scars that the blades gashed on her. The commander of Eulan’s forces barged in with bloodied wounds colouring his skin, his eyes bloodshot and wide as he watched the princess fearlessly protect her father. She was the only one who still denied to back down as she held strong to her pledge to protect the King with everything she got.

“Jisoo” the King’s heavy voice boomed through the hall “that is enough.”

“But father, we cannot-“ “Go and tend to your wounds” he ordered heavily turning from his daughter, the alpha princess of Eulan, to fix his gaze on the enemy General now.

“You have breached through the borders without a declaration of war, killed hundreds of our soldiers and destroyed peace in my land. May I know what is the reason that called for such act of blatant disrespect of our bond with Kleon?” He spoke glaring at the General as more of Kleon’s troops pooled in to ensure their victory against Eulan as they encircled the King now.