21. Alone, Together

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

“No” I voiced walking ahead of him and heard him follow me.

“What do you mean no?!” I can tell he wasn’t expecting me to deny his demand.

“I mean no way you’re coming to the camps ever again” I tried not to let my anger rise.

Why can’t I? I’m going to go” he has been arguing incessantly, and I turned to face him.

“You’re pissing me off again…better not do that if you don’t want me to shut you up” I threatened and he scowled at me.

“What am I even supposed to do in here?”

“Look around maybe-” “It’s boring! There’s nothing around except emptiness and trees! Your home is practically at the edge of nothing!”

I frown feeling insulted…this little prick…he really doesn’t think before speaking, does he?

“You know what, I don’t care…find something…run around…anything! But this is the last time I’m saying this…You’re. Not. Going. Back. To. The. Camps. Ever. Again.”

I see his frown grow deeper, mouth tightening and I could tell he was ready to curse at me.

“The camps are no place for an omega anyway…so you stay your pretty ass right here and wait for alpha to come home, now stop glaring at me I have told you I don’t like it” I warn

He slaps my hand away as I try to caress his cheek and turns around without sparing me another glance to strut inside, grumbling loud enough to let me listen to his sassy mouth.

It takes me awhile to realize I’m frozen and watching that sway in his hips like a man possessed and told myself to breathe…he is really testing me in every damn way. It’s been more than a few days since I had kissed him, a handful of days since I have last touched him…and although I’m hurting here, it doesn’t look like Jin is even bothered about it.

I did try to ease myself, seeking release for my pent up frustration elsewhere, among my many favoured playthings...however it doesn't seem like that's going to work ever again...I felt like throwing up at how ugly their scents smelled. My trueblood angry at my pathetic attempt to touch any other omega than my mate. It felt oddly humiliating that my mate didn't want me, our bond making me seek madly for his scent to satiate the greed for him. I have had omegas offering themselves to me, worshipping me when I touched them, crowding about for my attention and yet how the tables have turned. I ended up drinking till I lost my senses and as customary was brought back home by Yushik. I feared I would lose control if I slept beside Jin that night and do something that would get him crying again. So I chose not to disturb him...and he as customary didn't even seem to have noticed that I hadn't been in bed with him the previous night, unbothered to check if I was even home.

I think I will be going crazy very soon…I have never fought a war this hard all my life…worse, I’m neither allowed to use my sword nor my strength.

“Taehyung? Taehyung!” My mother’s voice startled me and I turned to look at her only to see her frowning at me “where’s your head at?”

My mother peers over the stone railing of the open balcony to follow my gaze and I realized that I just got caught watching my mate when she smiled wide, adoring the omega from afar.

“Ah I see” she nodded knowingly “miraculous I’d say to find you spending so much time at home these days…I’m not complaining though…just saying it’s a happy surprise. Having a mate really has changed you, hasn’t it? Well, except for that ugly trueblood pride…I wonder what would cure that?”