14. The Onset of A Storm

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Ha-Yoon ran outside with troubled wide blown eyes after Yushik came heaving to inform her about his master bringing in the omega prince of Eulan along with him.

“Oh my…he has finally lost his mind, hasn’t he?!” She complained as the train of servants followed behind her as they hurried to the entrance of the North Gate Castle, watching Taehyung half carrying half dragging a flailing and yelling Jin in his arms.

“Stop this madness Taehyung! Why would you bring him here?! You want Jungkook to kill you?! To kill all of us?!” She roared watching the scene, the omega looked terrified as he struggled against Taehyung “what are you…an animal?!! Why are you treating him like this?” She watched Taehyung walk past them without a word, his arm unfailingly snaked around the omega as he made sure the other had no way of escaping no matter how much he struggled.

“Taehyung! I am talking to you!” Ha-yoon followed behind getting furious with her son’s absolutely intolerable conduct “there are people searching for him! The entire royal palace is after him!”

Taehyung paid no heed to the loud warnings of his mother, she had forever had a way of nagging at him, always criticizing his reckless ways, always hankering after him to mend his brutish waywardness and over time he had just learned to ignore her constant badgering. However, his indifference changed when she spoke the next words.

“He is supposed to become the King’s mate!”

Jin could feel the instant change in the trueblood as Taehyung stilled, he looked up to see those dark eyes flare to a blazing red and felt more threatened when the arm tightened around his waist.

“He is not!” The words came out as a growl making all the loud noises, hankerings and questions following them go instantly silent. Taehyung glared at them before resuming his walk as he headed inside dragging a stuttering and anxious Jin along.

“Why do I feel like you lied to me?” Jin complained.

“How did I lie?” Taehyung’s voice was gruff, sounding very angry.

“You said this would keep me safe…I don’t feel safe at all…I want to meet my sister” but Jin stopped talking to see Taehyung pull out his sword, hands shaking in fury as he walked unhindered towards the guards standing at the door to his chamber.

In a snap of a second the sword came slashing through the air slitting the throats of both the guards.

Jin’s shrill scream pierced through the air as he watched the two drop to the ground, the entire train of servants let out frightened gasps and had frozen behind them as well. He now thrashed madly against the grip, thinking that he was in a terrible danger and might end up on the floor next. He had never seen such violence, never seen so much blood, splatters of red covered both Taehyung’s and his clothes and he felt his insides lurch at the sight.

“Please…why are you doing this? Let me go…I kept my promise…I didn’t hurt you…just le-” “Stop it…you’re getting on my nerves now” Taehyung spoke into his ear “I don’t randomly go around killing people Jin, these two were spies of the King…if I didn’t kill them they would inform at the court about you being here…I’m keeping my word about making sure you’re safe here”

Jin stilled at the assuring words but fear still coursed wildly within him.

“Now if you stop trying to run, I can let you free...” he opened the door to his chamber as he gestured Jin to go inside, who however stood there indecisively, stealing glances left and right to understand if Taehyung was being genuine or fooling him.