17. Calling Me A Sinner?

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“What was that?” Taehyung asked still warily gazing at Jin as they sat in the carriage, heading back towards the North Gate castle.

“There has been no trace of thirteen royal officials…they said they had no idea about what happened to them” Ha-Yoon spoke, petrified eyes fixed on the still unconscious omega lying guiltlessly comfortable in the trueblood’s arms.

“Umm long story” Jisoo began with a sigh, stealing a glance at the omega as other eyes came to settle on her seeking for a better explanation “I’m sure you must know by now he is a little out of the ordinary” she gave a feeble smile not knowing how to actually explain “no worries though, he isn’t that scary unless he feels threatened, that side of him only comes out when he is pushed to the brink”.

“I just saw my mate kill thirteen people without even laying a finger on them” Taehyung tried to drive in the fact how terrifying the scene had been and didn’t understand how the princess could sound so casual “and you’re telling me I shouldn’t be worried about that?”

“Well, should have thought about asking your questions before marking him Commander. You’re stuck with him now” she shrugged simply stating facts “if I were you, I’d be more worried about how furious he’s gonna be when he wakes up…I don’t know the rules around here but in Eulan, alphas are supposed to court the omega they desire before marking them” she spoke as her eyes gazed at her brother before she looked at the trueblood again, it’d be a lie if she said she didn’t feel that loud intimidating aura of the trueblood while sitting a couple feet away in the closed compound of the carriage.

Truthfully, she was scared for Jin…brought to an unknown land to be mated to an unknown alpha and now he had ended up being claimed by a trueblood, her brother sure had a way of drawing attention to himself wherever he went.

Affection coursed through her as she thought how troubled he must have been, she could only imagine the horror he might have had to live through the past weeks after the scene she had witnessed the last day “and don’t worry about the royals accusing him or planning for his punishment” her eyes set on her brother again as her gaze turned proud “they are too scared to deal with him anyway, I bet they’re gonna make it a point to stay away from him in future”.

She leaned closer, a hand reaching to touch her brother when a low growl warned her to stop. She looked up to see the trueblood looking at her with murder in his eyes, his arms coiling about his omega a little tighter as he pulled Jin closer to his chest, not appreciating the idea of letting another alpha touch Jin.

“Relax…I’m his sister, I’m not going to hurt him” she assured trying to check Jin’s pulse which seemed to be very low “it’s going to take him some time to recover from that” she spoke almost to herself.

“You see, he is gifted with the power to regenerate…and although the gift of healing sounds very pure and superb, Jin can only transfer energy…he borrows from one to heal another, like a mediator you know. Even if it’s himself…he needs to borrow to heal” she spoke trying to help him understand as best as she could “so when you were wounded fatally and were practically dying right before him, your wound affected him because of the bond you share, he must have felt like it was his life that was being threatened. The blink of furious explosion that you felt was actually him drawing energy from those thirteen officials his omega had detected around and he transferred it to you to help you heal your wounds…at that time saving you was his priority, so he reacted without thinking.”

She gulped stopping there as she remembered how Jin had tried to bring their mother back from the dead when he had stolen energy from thirty people and had ended up killing them instead, and learnt the hard way that even such a wonderous power had its own limitations.