34. Where Our Horizons Meet

#Punishment (lmao...I don't know what to put as warning...but read with caution)

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Taehyung stunned at the question, mouth parted and unprepared to be confronted that abruptly.

And it was in that moment he realized how the little clueless omega, lying vulnerable in his arms had the power to make him feel utterly disarmed without even trying to. 

“Well, that’s a really difficult option to choose from” he chuckled trying to mask how feeble he felt, realizing that despite his greater strength and higher status he was the one trying to hide from his mate at the moment “you could say both”.

He spoke leaning into the omega’s neck, seeking to calm himself down through his mate’s lulling scent.

“Who-” “Doesn't matter.."

"But why would they want to do that to you?"

"Because they fear me"

Jin went a little silent at the words to sense Taehyung's discomfort but he could also feel the suppressed anger and pain in his words.

"So they tried to control you?"

"There are things that don’t change until you find the strength to change it yourself” Taehyung's voice was heavy and decided, arms wrapping in tighter binds around the omega, the knot still keeping him sealed inside his mate.

“Is that why you hate royals?” Jin had to close his eyes and will himself to speak and not fall weak to how Taehyung kept licking and kissing the mark he had just renewed. He could sense how the alpha was trying to veer away from the question and instead was trying to distract him.

Taehyung didn’t reply, he wasn’t sure why the omega was suddenly so interested to know about his past. He didn't want to talk about it though...it was ruining his peace and making him feel agitated again.

He knew he had literally pounced on Jin out of his greed to show his claim and power over his mate, he was mad jealous to see Jin heal Jungkook, he didn’t like seeing Jin touching or using his powers for anyone other than him for that matter. He was pissed and his possessiveness had gotten the best of him. But somehow Jin hadn’t resisted him this time as he had been doing, and he was glad the omega was finally starting to accept him as his alpha. Claiming and mating always rejuvenated their bond…Taehyung could feel how satiated and relieved his trueblood was, one could even call him utterly insecure for an alpha but he believed he had every right to want his mate to be covered in his scent and his marks as and when he wanted. 

And this was the first time in his life he wished he could have some time to get away from the tragedy that has been forever following him around so that he could spend some time with his mate, let the omega trust him more and not be surrounded by death and blood and rage all the time. Jin would probably not try to constantly oppose him if he could show that as his alpha he didn’t mean to always threaten him or restrain him…as his alpha he could be some much more to him.

His mother was right…Jin only expected from him what he believed he deserved, and if he couldn’t be that it was his shortcoming as an alpha.

He moved off of the omega when the knot released, sighing as he laid down beside Jin who looked tired, tiny whimpers slipping his lips as he tried to get comfortable and Taehyung couldn’t help but smile at the urge to pamper and touch his mate some more. But realized that Jin had fallen a little silent, gaze lowered as if he was thinking about something else. As if that something was making him upset…and it was very easy for Taehyung to catch that distressed scent on him as he watched Jin snuggle under the duvet.