15. Cruel Intentions

Warning: #Violence!

Third Person's P.O.V.

"He has gone far beyond insolence now, I hope you're not going to be as blind to his schemes as your father Jungkook" the Queen Dowager's words were edgy and borderline angry as she spoke "how dare he abduct and hide the King's mate?! It's a sheer insult to your name and power! He's trying to denounce your strength as a King! I say he must be shown his place!"

Jungkook sat silently listening to his mother, his face as blank and unperturbed as usual yet one could trace the boiling ferocity within him if they saw how the veins stuck out strikingly at his forehead, his hands stiffly set on the gaudy arms of his seat, nails clawing aggressively to pierce through the rich velvet to hit at the wood beneath.

"Inform the hunters to break into the North Gate Castle and bring me my omega, tell them they'll be skinned alive if they fail" his voice was an order but oddly calm and measured as he waited for Hoseok to take his leave.

The large chamber was serenely decorated in warm colours, intricate threadwork depicted Kleon's proud history in the tapestries that hung on the walls, a charm of incense floated in the air and a nimble tune tinkled at the corner till the Queen gestured her attendants to leave.

"Taehyung is at the coastline now...so that means the omega is at his home unprotected. This would be a good time to attack" she smiled to herself "let's see if that whore Ha-yoon has it in her to protect the prince...she had forever been so proud about being an alpha woman, with her stupid learnings about medicines...she thought making salves would allow her to claim my place beside the King" the Queen Dowager spoke, her voice prim and sly as she scoffed but her gaze moved to see the silent wrath coursing through the young King.

"Do you think Taehyung knows about the myth related to the omega prince? He has taken him to his home after all. Goodness gracious the insult...the nerve to touch a royal! An omega that does not belong to him!" She sighed trying to calm her thoughts "Jungkook there is a possibility that the omega has been already...touched" she chose her words carefully not wanting to anger her son more than he already was, she stared at him whose eyes were darkly watching the fumes spuming and coiling up into the air from the burning incense "or even worse, Taehyung might have marked him...and if that has happ-" "I will kill them both" Jungkook spoke, his tone calm and decided.

She looked at him shaking her head "I don't think that will be possible, do you not remember the words of the sorcerer? Did you forget why you wanted that omega in the first place?"

Jungkook remained silent but one could see his agitation rising in the way his breaths had become heavier, chest heaving as he tried to control his anger.

"You had not expected this to happen, I understand that but unfortunately the plan that was supposed to ensure your reign and power over everyone, and especially the trueblood has backfired on you heavily. If you do not get to that omega, you can never think about challenging Taehyung, his trueblood will defeat you. However, as an omega myself, I do feel pity for the prince...they tried so hard to keep him from being hunted because of his unique gift and yet he has managed to get himself right in the middle of the storm."

"I wouldn't need to hunt him down if only he hadn't fled from the ship" Jungkook's words were sharp and cold "he would have been safe here, mated to me and I would have gotten what I wanted."

"But your entire plan will have turned futile if Taehyung has marked the omega. Only his mate would be able to take his immortality...you will be left with nothing-"

The moment the words were spoken Jungkook sprang up from his seat, hurling the table in front him to the ground as he held back his enraged alpha, eyes burning red in fury as he scowled at his mother.