48. Beyond Enemy Borders

#Warning:
-Violent scenes
-Triggering content
-Blood
-Angst

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Hoseok watched Taehyung struggle to get the control back from his wolf, the trueblood fighting the human’s intentions to yield being zealous in its need to get his mate to safety. He had seen Taehyung’s wolf surface before, and as threatening an experience as it was watching him struggle with himself was a much troubling sight. He wanted to help but didn’t know how to, however he could tell Taehyung wasn’t very accepting of his intentions to help anyway.

“What are you doing?” The voice sounded annoyed as usual as Taehyung asked not even looking back at Hoseok who chose to follow behind him knowing where he was going as he saw him heading towards his stallion.

“Nothing”

“Get back to the battlefield-” “There is no battle to fight though…what do I do there?”

Taehyung quietened at that, choosing to concentrate on the much more important issues that had his mind in knots rather than wasting his time bickering with the General.

“You know, we will have greater chances to win if we attack toge-” “I don’t need you help!!” Taehyung snapped at him, abruptly turning around to glare at the other.

Hoseok stumbled to a stop, the trueblood’s rage evident in Taehyung’s voice.

“I am not helping you…I promised Seokjin that if ever he needs help, I’ll stand by him…I intend to keep my promise…why do you always feel like everything is about you?!” Hoseok was flailing his hands against him now.

Taehyung’s gaze was mean and calculative on the other, his scowl remaining just as unaffected before he was turning around to grasp at his stallion’s reins and mounted it.

“If you get in trouble…I am leaving you behind” Taehyung spoke before spurring his stallion to start off in the direction of the enemy palace, not waiting for the other.

Hoseok smirked, realizing that Taehyung had just agreed that he could accompany him “you know you don’t mean it.”

And he was glad that he had decided to join him in this when he watched Taehyung growing visibly desperate to reach to the royal palace of Zyon, his aggressive wolf threatening to resurface as he saw him cursing under his breath while his merciless hands took down anyone who dared to bar the way.

Hoseok could sense the trueblood’s growing wrath and it showed in Taehyung’s thirst for blood, he didn’t care how many limbs he had severed…how many throats he slit…how many men fell to their deaths by his hands as they approached the destination. His own body marred with the blood from his wounds as well as blood from others he had wounded, the gashes deep and coated with fresh blood and yet he looked too unconcerned to think about those as his head remained occupied with only one thought.

Hoseok wouldn’t blame him though, his pregnant mate was captured by the enemy and in a situation like this any alpha would be terrified no matter how powerful. He knew Taehyung wouldn’t let anyone know what it was doing to him but he could see the panic in his stern gaze and the way his breathing became rushed with worry.

However, he could tell something had gone really wrong when he saw Taehyung give out a broken howl…his body almost dropping off of the stallion as Hoseok tried to help him and saw his eyes go wide with fright as he feared about what might be happening. He watched the trueblood growl to himself but the sound was more pained than threatening as he saw the other’s eyes flutter close momentarily, face scrunching and going red as he growled again trying to shake off the hurt that had his body seizing and shuddering beyond his control, veins puffing up at his temple and his neck.