23. Tug Of War

Trigger warning: slightly implied unconsented touching

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“But my lord…” Jimin gulped his voice almost a whine as he tried to put a halt to the King’s newest folly “you’re not well! Please listen to your medic…you need rest-”

“Shut up omega…don’t make me throw you out of here, so annoying” he sighed sitting down at the table to note the plans for the attack on Eulan which the General had handed to him.

Jungkook had effectively gone into a terrible shock, along with many others in court who had witnessed and survived the omega Princes’ unique and perilous power. He knew what they had witnessed was no normal gift…it couldn’t be…no male omegas had the power to kill, it was unheard of!

The King was sure there was something they were missing…something much more troublesome than unique healing and immortality…which however had been chucked out of the picture now that Jimin had revealed to him the truth he had learned.

However, his worst fear and biggest complain was that his brother had claimed the omega, and now as much as he hated the fact he had to believe it that the omega was bound to protect its mate…he had seen it happen with his own eyes, how Seokjin had easily cured a fatal wound and brought the trueblood back to life.

If he had been the one to mark the omega then he’d be the one Seokjin would be protecting…the omega would be bound to do so to ensure his mates’ safety.

So, if he could make the omega break the bond with the trueblood and accept his mark, that omega would be his to control. It made his insides glow with greed and envy to think what he could command the omega to do and he would be bound to follow.

A weapon more powerful than anything the world had ever seen…under his claim…he would be feared…he would be worshipped.

“I am not going to let him win this time…he will pay…I will make him suffer worse than he ever had” a smile erupted on his lips to see that the troops along with their Commander will be leaving Kleon in two days “have you ever seen broken mates omega?”

Jimin gulped, his lips fumbling with the idea of what the alpha was going to do…he could read his intentions very well and hated how fixated he was on Seokjin.

“Y-Yes my lord…I sympathize with the Queen-” “You know nothing!” He roared, red eyes glaring at the omega who cowered down making himself look as small as possible as he knelt on the floor.

“My mother was lucky” he nodded to himself, checking through the plans again “she accepted the decision…she was smart” he smiled, a glint of something vile sparkling in his eyes “but an omega’s acceptance to break a bonding tears an alpha apart…he will be ripped off of all his ego…shame and guilt will eat him up from within…it will leave him feeling less of a man for not being enough for his mate” he chuckled darkly “and then he’d have to watch me stake my claim on what he believed was his, his mate keeping my bed warm instead…well that is until the omega dies….a slow painful death for breaking a bond.”

He stared into the distance for a while…looking lost till he spoke again “a fitting punishment for both of them won’t you say?”

Jimin knew now that he shouldn’t have told him about Seokjin not being immortal…probably then Jungkook wouldn’t be planning this again. He knew he had to do something to stop him from doing this, he couldn’t possibly sit and watch him try to claim Seokjin. He hoped and prayed that Seokjin would never accept to break his bond with the trueblood. However, he knew that the claiming between them was unconsented and with what the King was planning Seokjin will probably have no other way but to accept it.