54. Power Over Me

Seokjin's P. O. V.

I walked down the stairs to step into the dim passage, my mind constantly telling me that this was probably not a good decision...Taehyung will most definitely be mad at me for coming down here.

My steps echoed sharply against the grim silence as I turned a corner to walk further into the dungeon.

"Ah what an unusual surprise...wasn't really expecting to see you here"

I stopped, my breathing cautious as I let my eyes catch the sight of Jungkook sitting on the floor at one corner of the cell. He looks tired and pale as he opened his eyes to look at me, a smile lazily pulling on his lips.

"It was unfortunate wouldn't you say...that we didn't even get the chance to sit and talk to each other" he chuckled dryly, his voice is calm but the hint of remorse heavy in them. His light voice falls deeper as he speaks some weird gibberish next "an omega beyond the seas...holds heaven in his power...the royal mate he shall take...would rule to death devour..." he stops speaking as he gazes deeply at me, his eyes looking hollow before he exhales loudly "fate is such a trickster in its play...I didn't want to believe that the 'royal mate' could actually be him" he laughs to himself shaking his head "you were supposed to make things better...not be the cause of Kleon's ruin."

I didn't want to believe Yoongi's concerns about Jungkook suffering from hallucinations but from the looks of it he sure sounds crazy. I didn't understand half of what he just spoke.

"I just came here to let you know that your punishment will be declared tomorrow...although Yoongi seems to think you aren't-" "I've been waiting for it...just make it quick that's all I ask for" he closed his eyes resting back against the wall.

I am not really bothered about him but Jungkook looks rather frail right now, seems like he's quite ready to accept death. I don't understand why he's being like this though, I have a feeling that Taehyung was right...it doesn't look like he'd need to kill Jungkook, this man seems to be on a mission to end himself anyway.

"It's not a death sentence" I announce "I have decided that you need to mend the mistakes you have made."

He opens his eyes looking puzzled as he waits to understand my words.

"You will ask for forgiveness from the people and accept the punishment they will decide for you"

He goes very quiet, eyes looking lost again as he seemed to be weighing my orders.

"Well, I should ask for forgiveness because I couldn't be the king my father wanted me to be for Kleon" he speaks, tone heavy with grief as his gaze stayed low "it wasn't supposed to be like this...but I'm tired..." his eyes close as he lets his head hang, breathing laboured as I trace an odd weariness in him "I want to sleep...I want to forget everything and be free..."

I stand there confused as I try to make sense of his words. I cannot comprehend this side of Jungkook, he is the most awful person I've ever come across and a part of me is confident that this is just a sham...he's a cruel and pathetic man...I will never forgive him for how he treated not only me but also all the people who looked up to him as their king.

"Don't think this act of yours will make me pity you...you deserve worse, but you're lucky that you have people who actually care about you" I feel anger flash in me as I speak.

"A king has no use of pity Seokjin...neither care...people do not see me, they don't know who I am...their concerns are only about the throne and the power I held."

"That is because you don't know how to value the ones who care about you!" The words dart out of my mouth as anger envelopes my senses "Jimin cared about you...and you hurt him...you knew you were wrong and yet you didn't stop hurting him!"