57. A Twist of Fate

Third Person's P.O.V.

Taehyung was still awake when Jin fell asleep against him after tiring himself out with panic and constant sobs, before finally giving into his omega's need to nestle with his alpha. Jin seemed to be more moody and his emotions were more turbulent, the omega in him reacting in vengeance as it overpowered his human side. Little hiccups still shook his chest, his lips still quivering and Taehyung felt his concerns grow when he caught broken words of worry and complaint constantly spilling out of Jin's sleep-numbed mind.

And he found his own fingers caressing Jin's face, his mind lost in those troubling thoughts that made him stay awake...the most persistent thought being that for the first time in his life he felt like he was facing something he had no clue about how to win, and the worst was the thought that he might need help to win this, especially someone's whom he'd rather see erased out of his life.

His half brother had been a curse that had forever created issues in his life...and it made his trueblood rage within him to hear Jin say that there might be a possibility that being learned in the ancient languages, Jungkook was the only one who could probably find a solution to the horror fate had planned for them and their pup.
His hand gently went to rest on Jin's full belly, feeling his child growing stronger everyday as the divine spirit ensured its well being.

"You're not supposed to hurt him..." he wasn't sure who the words were meant for or was it just his fears taking shape into words, he felt his heart tighten at the thought of how the child he once wanted to make their bond stronger and the wish to see their heir as the future leader of Kleon might turn out to become a danger to everyone, especially his mate's life "to live as a weapon...to live only to follow orders is a fate I don't want you to go through...it's not a life anyone wishes for" his voice had an echo of memories long gone yet burning through his veins still "all that power...but I was still a mere dog on a leash."

The thought of trusting Jungkook to actually help them didn't really sit right with him, however with every passing minute he knew he didn't really have any other option as of now.

"I don't think it's going to work though...he will never help me" he sighed again, his mind filling up with memories of Jungkook's ever-long hatred for him.
Taehyung's arms coiled tighter around his mate as Jin mumbled in his sleep, nuzzling into the alpha's chest in his sleep.

"What're you talkin'bout?"

"Nothing" Taehyung sighed, gulping down the uneasy thoughts as he pushed his nose into his mate's soft fringes, dragging a long breath to calm himself down and caressed Jin's back in long sweeping draws "I'm just thinking out loud".

"Bout what?" Jin mumbled drowsily, eyes closed as he slept being nestled against the alpha.

"I will try to believe in Jimin because you do...and just try to believe that Jungkook will actually help us" he unmindfully pecked at Jin's brow, soft brown fringes tickling against his lips "for you, I will."

And Jin hugged him tighter knowing how much strength it must have needed Taehyung to finally agree to his wish, he was aware of the hatred between the two brothers, knew how conniving Jungkook could be...but this was probably their only chance at finding a way to save their pup and themselves.

So, when the news reached Taehyung that Jungkook was done with serving his punishment of public apology and instead of being exiled, was declared to stay under survelliance in the palace of Kleon, the trueblood decided to pay his brother a visit, leaving his omega in the North Gate castle.

Taehyung knew that things would be hard, he was expecting it to be so.

"What do you even mean? You want me to treat my pup the way Jin had been treated by his father?"