35. Where The Mind Is Without Fear

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Jimin entered the king’s chamber with soft steps, especially because of how silent it was. He didn’t fear breaking his slumber because he knew Jungkook was an insomniac and couldn’t fall asleep without help.

But this kind of silence scared Jimin since it meant greater turmoil in his lord’s mind.

He could see him lying open-eyed on the bed, his breathing shallow and gaze lost in a blank stare. He was still completely dressed in his royal ensemble, even the crown stayed perched on his brow.

“M-My lord” Jimin gulped taking calculated steps as he halted a few steps away from the bed “you called for me…?”

“Do you believe in fate omega?”

Jimin realized Jungkook must be really upset to have seen Seokjin submit before the trueblood right before his eyes…not only had the omega Prince’s sudden actions startled everyone but it also proved that there was no use blaming the trueblood for stealing away the king’s mate now that he had proved that he wilfully submitted before him.

“I believe in surviving my lord…I am not capable enough to think about that which is beyond my grasp”

“And because you cannot look beyond your own survival, no one will ever remember you omega…” the voice was as if an extension of his thoughts “as a royal I have responsibilities beyond myself…every monarch thinks for the throne…protecting the throne is my first call…only then can I protect the people…”

Jimin realized he was too deep in his thoughts and stood silent in his place.

“For centuries my forefathers have held the throne in pride…why did father have to ruin everything?” 

Jungkook was still staring just as blankly at the ceiling.

“He broke every rule and left on me to fix it…he created the ruin of Kleon and yet I will bear the shame of his decisions…history will name me as the failure but it was he who created the monster knowing it will be beyond him to defeat…why then did he leave it on me to end the monster before he ruins my kingdom?”

He could hear voices echo among the shadows of the past that kept haunting him through days and nights.

“Only that omega can tame the monster…and what a pity... the monster fell for the only weapon that can end him…” Jungkook sighed smirking, eyes gently closing as he tried to breathe because when the thoughts took over it became very difficult for him to breathe “that omega is so naïve…for all the tales about a trueblood’s superior might, my brother seems to be really slow in the head…do you think that he really doesn’t know anything about the omega’s true strength?”

“My lord, when I read his mind there seemed to be no knowledge as such about it…except for some snippets of a myth he seemed to have learned at the monastery…”

“Ah…the old lores of Eulan I suppose” “Yes my lord” Jimin nodded.

Jungkook laughed a bit to himself “funny how reality turns to become mere stories in a few centuries…and yet mistakes remain as histories…” his smile vanished as his teeth gritted “even though those mistakes weren’t your fault”

A silence palled over the room as he stopped speaking, eyes wrathful now as he pulled his crown off of his head and glowered at it.

“He will have to kill me to have what is mine” his voice was calm and decided but his eyes gleamed with something bizarre “I am sure he will kill me to have his hands on my throne but I will not accept defeat. Every eye witnessed the destruction he and that omega can bring, I cannot sit and watch them use their superior powers to impose over the people” his breath began to fume again “you saw what they can do…how easy it is for them to make every being cower in fear…how easily he kills without a conscience…Kleon will be butchered under their follies…such power needs to be controlled, he would be such a powerful possession…I could use him to end that monster…”