Chapter 38 part 2

Start from the beginning

Good

I bowed before Naerys and took his hand, holding against my forehead.

“Do you prince Naerys accept to become my first harem member?”

“I do”

“Do you Prince Naerys swear your unconditional love and devotion to me Princess Amaryllis for as long as you remain in my harem?”

A moment passed before I felt the droplets. I looked up in surprise to find that Naerys was crying softly.

“I do” Naerys replied firmly, smiling down at me through his tears “I swear my unconditional love and affection to no one else other than Princess Amaryllis”

The magic circle flashed again as a louder gasp reverberated around the garden, only this time I echoed it. I stared at Naerys in shock, did he know what he had just done?

I had no time to dwell on his words though as the priestess handed me the ceremonial dagger; without hesitation I slit my palm watching as several drops of blood landed on the grass, I took Naerys’ hand poked the edge of his middle finger carefully and watched as three drops of blood landed on the grass. This time though the magic circle brightly flashed for a minute before it died down again.

One by one, our parents stepped out and repeated ‘I stand here as a witness to this Union’. The priestess took back the bloodied dagger and added the last symbol to the circle “the ceremony is complete”

I gently pulled Naerys down to me and kissed him amidst the applause and cheers of the guests. When it died down, I stood up and helped Naerys to his feet.

Can you hear me?

The promise ceremony didn’t just bond a male and female together and allow the female to use the male’s powers, it also created a telepathic bond between them.

Amar?

Naerys’ angelic voice sounded in my head and I couldn’t help but smile. I led him back to the tent and we took our seats for the meal that was about to be served.

Why did you change the words of the oath?, do you know what you just did?

Did I somehow mess up the oath by changing the words?, I’m sorry Amar I just –

“Congratulations on your ceremony Amaryllis” Collette said as she began eating. With the blatantly mocking smile on her face however, who would believe Collette was actually happy for me?

“Thank you sister” I replied curtly before responding to Naerys

No, no you didn’t mess up the oath, but by changing the words you basically swore that you’ll only ever love me

Oh…

That’s it?, do you understand Naerys? this means you’ll never be able to enter another harem in your life!

That’s not a problem Amar, even if I have to leave your harem in the future, I don’t mind. If I can’t be with you then I’d rather be alone.

At that, I turned to Naerys who was blushing heavily beside me, he must’ve been shy because he didn’t turn to face me even once. I took his left hand and squeezed it.

Ok then Naerys, I only wanted you to know. Thank you for your oath.

I placed my attention on the food in front of me when he remained silent, but then he squeezed our joined hands and I smiled before I started to eat.

“Oh my Amaryllis must really adore the prince seeing as she hasn’t let go of him once after the ceremony”

I stared at Lillian unimpressed, what was she trying to start now?