51. Good Luck

Fifth update for today, May 23rd

     A month passed quicker than Isabella expected it to. She had finally worked up the courage to approach the tiger king and ask for more information. She tried Third and Rain first, but they were too young when their mother disappeared to know.

    Isabella's heart felt for them. She hated being sappy, but she couldn't imagine growing up as an orphan. She even met Snow, Rain's sister. Isabella was shocked to say the least. The difference in temperaments between the two was drastic. She found it easy to talk to Snow and enjoyed doing so. Snow had young children and she would bring them over to play with Third.

     Isabella found it strange that they could birth furry animals and that the species of the mother was irrelevant. Isabella tried to imagine a hybrid leopard snake and figured that this world had the right idea.

     Winston, as she had been instructed to call him, told her everything he knew about the human who came before her. Thanks to him, she learned of her creations and how her existence had influenced their city. Isabella thought that was cool. If you got to get stuck in a cave man world, why not make things a little better?

     Isabella wasn't going to introduce weapons of mass destruction or government related things. Something like soap or wheels could maybe help a little. She was going to go with wine, but Bai already came up with that. Winston even brought her some from his stores so she could compare her own.

     Third supported almost everything she did and even brought her strange things. To humor Third, she turned a lot of the trinkets he brought back into crafts. She always liked making things, even if her art skills were poor. She loved pottery, but her parents weren't supportive. They figured she had to go to college for at least four years and get a Bachelors or Masters degree in order to be successful. Crafts were not part of their envisioned success plan.

     Isabella turned her attention from the depressing thoughts and focused on what was in from of her. It was a mixture of stones and shells. Isabella asked for twine of any kind and made a wind chime. It wasn't beautiful but it would work. Jasper even helped her carve the top piece. It wasn't something useful, but Isabella liked it anyway. She dared anyone to disagree.

     Isabella became the cook in her household when it became apparent that Third lacked the skills. His food always came out overcooked or over salted to an inedible point. Isabella didn't mind and Jasper learned from her.

     Isabella still felt iffy about the communal living thing. She told the two males that she wouldn't mate now because she wanted to go home. They were stupidly touched when she told them she didn't want to leave anyone she cared about behind.

     Isabella was being truthful, but she couldn't break it to the guys that she didn't care about them that deeply. It backfired on her anyway as Third insisted that Bai's males were able to go with her once they got their fifth marks. Isabella had to put her foot down and tell them she wasn't going to sleep with them.

     Instead of accepting that, the two males trained at every available moment to increase their strength. While they went off to do beastman things, Isabella would find herself in Ezra's company. She had nothing against him now. She had come to learn that he was a true airhead. He had a high level of curiosity and even liked her crafts. She gave a failed wind chime to him once and he hung it outside his hole in the ground.

     Isabella found it funny after she had Third bring her around and saw Ezra poking the chimes to make them clack. Rain didn't like hers as it interfered with her hearing or something, but kept it anyway. Isabella didn't comment.