50. Go Girl

Fourth update for today, May 23rd.

     Third built a shoddy tree hole den and presented it to Isabella. Rain had a certain feeling and followed along. Isabella praised him half-heartedly, but Rain could tell she was being polite. The den could barely be called that. Rain knocked Third over the head and brought Isabella back to her home. Rain had Brice call the fox male to assist and he happily accepted. Both Third and Isabella were upset with her, so she made it clear to the fox male that Isabella wasn't accepting his court even if he helped.

     Winston brought news and salt. Isabella's method was a success and Winston brought them enough salt to last Rain's whole family two years. Isabella received the same amount.

     Winston informed them that the ape king was quiet and seemed mostly disinterested in the world around him. He contributed with his oracles, but was otherwise laying low. Rain found that behavior odd. He didn't seem like a conqueror who came to best an old foe. Winston couldn't sense any will to fight from the ape king either. They had yet to ascertain his goal and neither had they come up with a means of defending against his mental attacks.

     When Winston learned of Isabella's housing dilemma, he sent some single males to assist earning Third's ire. Winston did not acknowledge the bereaved male and left to complete his duties.

     Rain got used to Isabella hanging around. After her crying subsided, she became somber. She was almost as quiet as Ezra. Isabella insisted helping with the meals and Rain let her. Isabella exercised frequently as well. Rai approved and even joined her on her jogs to the river.

     Isabella's den was finished quickly, but she mentioned many things that she needed to keep healthy. She didn't like doing that, but she wasn't ready to move in with men who want to sleep with her. She tried to assist with anything she could in Rain's house. She cooked, cleaned, and helped sew new furs for herself. Third did a terrible job and she needed something to wear besides her swimsuit.

     Isabella also had to explain herself when she didn't get her period. It wasn't easy explaining the concept of contraception and depo shots. She wasn't sure Third understood even now. The only thing she was certain he understood, was that it was temporary. She tried to use simple terms to explain her situation and background to him since he missed the big revelation. Rain also went over their mother's origin.

     Isabella wasn't sure how secretive she should be about it, but figured Third was okay. She emphasized the secrecy part and hoped she got through to the silly leopard. He didn't seem to hold her purposeful misunderstanding against her, which made her heart twist in guilt.

     Isabella stayed depressed even after she moved into her new home. She wasn't able to put it off any longer and Rain was getting irritated with her. Thankfully, her new house was located next to Rain's without being close. It would take her maybe ten minutes at a brisk walk to get to Rain's place.

      Rain thought Third's new den was too close. Although it wasn't intrusive, Rain would still be able to hear any loud calls from their new home. It wasn't terrible, so Rain let it pass. Once Isabella and Third were gone, Rain dragged Vern to their bedroom and completed their bond. Vern let her do as she pleased, but asserted himself occasionally. Rain allowed it sometimes and they both thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

     Rain woke up to Harvey wiping her down. His gentle actions stirred her heart and she pulled him down with her. Vern had left to hunt and she was growing chilly.