chapter-27

2 years later

I fix my hair in my bathroom mirror, I’d came back from my appointment with a psychiatrist.
Living with shizophrenia is not what I’d expected.
But I have healed- became better. I still hear voices, still experience all the symptoms- including him.
I shake my head and focus on my appearance, I’m wearing a plain black bodycon, revealing my shoulders. I wear a red lipstick and light eyeshadow.
I’ll be going to dinner- by myself. Then at a museum with my friends.
I check the time, 7:35 p.m. it’ll be dark outside.
I take one last glance at my bathroom mirror, the lights here are really good, with amazing space. Before going, I take my phone and play some calming, ball music.
When I walk towards the door, I see a faded appearance of someone.
Of him.
He’s wearing black suit and tie, a tux. I feel my breathe pacing.
His image comes into appearance now, he holds his hand infront of me, asking me for a dance.
He’s not real.
But what’s wrong in enjoying a bit?
I hold his palm, cold and freezing. He pulls me closer to him, placing his hand at  the small of my back. the swirls of his dark hair shadow his face, his smile is just like that, calm.
The music plays behind, we dance, he spins me around. i intervine my fingers with his.
But in between, he keeps fading. When I look at the mirror, I see nothing yet when I look back, he dances right with me.
For a minute, he’s not there. Another minute, he comes back and then vanishes again.
I hear voices as I dance with him.
I feel everything at once. The way his eyes are darker, the way he feels real and unreal- at the same time, the way he spins me around, then pulls me closer to him, the way the lights blink and flicker. above us.
How the music is interrupted by the voices in my head, how at one moment, I feel like screaming, how another moment, I feel a rush of lust and desire.
Time seems to stop again, as I  keep swaying, twirling, shimmering.