chapter-7 ( jessica's pov)

POV- JESSICA

We chose a small, barren restaurant. It has two floors, a total vintage vibe. I chose the cornermost seat beside the staircase, below the 2nd floor’s railing , the most quiet space here. I had already waved the waiter to not disrupt us. I look at the ice cream served in front of me, which we brought along the way,on the brown wooden table.
Then I look at drake who seems to be observing this place. ‘ you haven’t been here before?’ I ask.
He looks back at me,’yeah, I haven’t’ 
Since I have met him, we’ve just been having small talks and we keep meeting without any plans, as strange it is, we are having a lot of coincidences. And now that dream, I don’t know so much about him and I feel-
‘ hey’ his voice snaps me back to reality,’ something is up with you today’
‘nothing’ my voice stutters as I look away from him, grabbing my cup of icecream, focusing my mind on its taste.
I know his eyes are still on me.
‘so, tell me more- about you’ my eyes gaze up at him, praying to change the topic. He doesn’t answer me but instead-
Instead his face comes near me-
My body freezes and my hurt thuds in my chest as he wipes off something from my upper lip with his thumb. ‘ cream’ his lips twitch as he whispers to me.
He sits back in his seat.
I let out a breathe and wipe the sweat off my palms, my eyelashes flicker in my eyes,’ thanks’
He grins again,’ you thought something else, didn’t you?’
My eyes almost buldge off my sockets,’ what? no. I didn’t-
He lets out a soft chuckle,’ I was not going to kiss you, jess’
Surprise takes the best of me again. I don’t know whether to be astonished at the fact that he talked about us kissing or the fact that he called me by my nickname.
He gazes at me with a sweet smile on his face and oh so puppy like eyes. ‘ you don’t mind me calling you jess right?’
I smile,’ nah. Not at all’  his stare stays at my face but I feel his thoughts shift, something my mind can’t recognise with his unreadable expression. ‘  you’re too nice’
‘what?’ my voice cracks at his sudden statement , he lets out a laugh. ‘ you’re too formal, that’s all I’m saying’   we both hold an awkward stare for what felt like an eternity until he breaks it, ‘ ah, forget it’
I just nod, questioning whether I should tell him or not, I’m not that of a good person as I appear to be. Carrying my emotional baggage everywhere with me, landing it on people who have no fault of their own, not something a kind person would do.
‘ I want to know more about you’ I say, my foot tapping the floor in urgency, a habit of mine.’
He places his chin on his fist and shifts closer,’ let me reveal what you want to hear and you’ll do the same, Jessica katz”