chapter -12 ( noah's pov)

Pov- Noah

Lets go to her place. Ask a little to her neighbours. Maybe we’ll catch something? And don’t overwork yourself. Jess texted me after I’d told her we can’t find anything with the current records.
‘ sure’ I texted her back.
Her dad arrived today and I for sure know she was happier than ever. Mr. olive’s a great man, seems amazing by the description jess gave him,I’d never met him, just emma did.
I look at my clock, 5:15 p.m.  jess said she’ll pick me up at 5:30.
My day went in a hurry today, studying, researching,looking for the case and my own guilt for yesterday. Mia had said something about guilt,’ it might be overwhelming, guilt can drown you in your own sorrows, but you can fight it’ she was a wise girl indeed.
A great friend too.
I crack my knuckles,stretch my neck. Then I open my closet and take out a pair of pants and blue shirt. I look in the mirror, my brown curls are messed up, I comb and settle them in what emma said looked perfect, so had my sister had agreed.
Then I sit on a chair lying nearby and put on my socks, then shoes. Finally tying the laces.
And then I hear the doorbell ring.
I walk towards the entrance and open the door to find Jessica standing there, grinning wide.
Oh, that grin.it is not fake.
Then she hugs me. tight, so warm and joyful. It takes me a moment to adjust to what’s happening,then wrap my arms around her,’ I’d love to hear the reason for that smile’
I truly would.
She turns back and gazes at me shyly with those shining, hazel eyes of hers.’ I have a lot to tell you’ she stops, and says again,’ but lets do the pending  work first, dad’s making his best coffee and sandwiches for us, you’d love them.i’d call emma over too. You’d both meet him this way to ’
I smile,’ I can’t wait to bring him on my side and then watch you being scolded’ she huffs, ‘ does he know about mia?’ 
She looks at the ground,’ not yet’ then she says again,’ I would though, he might help us’
I keep my hand on her shoulder, ‘ its fine’
Then I lock my door and before going , we argue whether to jog or drive. It was mutually decided to pick the former.
With those long legs and great stamina of her, jess runs fast, leaving me out of breathe. Not that I’m not healthy, I’m athletic and strong, but when she decides to reach a place in no time, she just leaves everyone behind.
‘ wait for ME!’. i pant, my hands on my knees. Mia’s apartment is 5 km far from mine. I curse myself for deciding to jog.
‘ cmon its not that far now’  she looks over me and then starts to run again.