chapter-5 The dream

Chapter- 5  : THE DREAM

Darkness surrounds me, I feel my own breathe, uniform and slow.
Where am I.
A touch- warmth, care, home,
Soft, long fingers touch my cheek, I half open my eyes to see, a shadow of mine.
Hazel eyes, black hair, heart melting smile-
No- not my shadow.
Mom.
She sings, a lullaby to me. my head is in her lap. Her voice is angelic,
The world is a beauty,
Filled with the broken beasts.
But don’t you worry,
Mumma will stay,
She looks me in the eyes- as she sings. I repeat the last words with her, this lullaby- stored, memorized in my heart.
The two voices echo,
Mumma will stay
Mumma will stay
Mumma will stay
But When she sings it for the third time, she vanishes. I’m left desperate- aching for her.
I blink, only to see that mom had gone.
But now, Instead of hazel eyes, they were green. Instead of the dark, black hair, she was a redhead.
Mia.
She looks at me from afar- staring at me. smiling.
I blink again.
Mia diminishes into the thin air but someone else replaces her. he comes nearer.
Nearer to me. and I see- I see him.
‘ I hope I’m not disturbing you’ the voice speaks to me, my blurry vision can’t comprehend to look.
I feel fingers, shoving through my hair. black clothes, black hair,
Golden eyes.
Drake.
His image becomes clearer as I fall into the state of consciousness, as I finally realise what’s happening, “ how are you here-“
He covers my lips with his palm, his face too enchanting to look away.
I remove his hand from my lips, ‘What are you doing here? How did you know my address. Why are you-“
“ oh my my “ he stares at me , “ be a little lightheaded”
I don’t feel- is this a dream?
‘ it is indeed a dream love’ he whispers.
I gape at him. how did he know?  Can he read thoughts? no.. that makes no sense. is it really a dream?
I feel my mind falling back in being unconscious.
‘ why are you in my mind?’
He looks at me, deep in the eye. He has something- hallucinating.
He comes closer to me, my hazel eyes meeting his . my heart thuds, the blood in my vein rushes .he knows it, he knows every inch of it.
What am I to him?
What is he to me?
His gaze moves down to my lower lip, taking his time to trace every spot.
We say nothing. I am frozen by the anonymous control.
His hand now moves to the back of my neck, sliding up as he softly pushes his fingers through  my hair. The moonlight through my bedroom window casts its shadow on his face, making him appear mythical.
The distance between us closes as he brings his face closer to me, his other hand settled beside my face.
I feel his breathe, cold, dreamy. Just a little distance to cover and then-
My thoughts are pushed aside as I fall back again, dozing off from this magical haze.
‘ who are you..’
It felt so real.

The alarm jaunts me up.
The fresh scent of early morning reaches my nose, I stretch my arms. The hefty rain of yesterday laid way to a new warmth, not exactly my type of weather but not bad either.
The sunlight paves its beam onto my bedroom floor.
And then it strucks me, last night. I remember- not everything exactly but in bits and pieces.
Mom, I touch my forehead, mia..and- who else-
I gasp when I remember the name, drake.
That dream.. the thought of it alone makes the knot in my stomach screech, turns my body red, makes me shy away.
I pinch myself just to make sure again.
What is so special about him?
Something so extraordinary that he entered my mind without my permission and now, he refuses to leave.
But I’ll make him leave.
I think of the other two people who entered my mind, mom and mia. if only- I could remember everything clearly.  But I’d felt something strange.
I shake my head, there’s no use remembering dreams.
My thoughts about it are blown away as I hurry  towards the bathroom. This is going to be a long one, thanks to the tacos I ate yesterday.