49

Summayyah hasn't been feeling healthy since she left Khalil's house and she has been really weak from both in and out so she went to the hospital on her appointment day to get some treatment but to her surprise, the doctor comes in with the test result grinning from ear to ear, Confuses by his expression she furrowed her brows.

"What is it, doctor?"

"Congratulations!!! You are one month pregnant" he rejoiced as she felt her heart harden, her jaws dropping leaving her stunned.

How in the world?

He asked if she feels feverish lately and she said she did and felt some on and off weakness also and he told her they are symptoms that she will be feeling all she need to do is eat enough and avoid too much stress and what could she tell the doctor. Thank you and she will care for the baby.

By the time she was leaving, she bumps into Faruq who was in a haste to attend or rather get someone attended. He halts in shock to see her. "sumayyah!" He calls, he didn't quite expect to run into her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Oh, I brought my colleague, who has typhoid!" He says.

"Oh Ya Allah, sorry about that!"

"Thank you, and you? What are you doing here?" He asked, she stared at him for a moment before she beams.

Few minutes later... 

"Are you for real? You're a month pregnant? Wow I'm really happy for you, you've gotten what you love so much!" He rejoiced and Immediately by his last words her smile faded. 

"Indeed! But not the way I wanted it and..."

"Sumayyah!" He cuts in. "Remember what you told me by the river at Jabi? You said if one day we aren't together we should..."

"...keep the memories..." She completed, pressing her lips together regretting why she ever said that as she turned away. 

"Yes I did, well things didn't work out the way i wanted it. I lost my restaurant which he assigned someone to burn down and i..."

"Wait, he did? How come? I thought you Two?"

"We were pretending on the outside Faruq? I'm really hurt that i also found out that my parents aren't my real parents either i just..." She burst into tears.

He was so heart broken by her explanation on everything she is going through in tears and here he thought he was going to work with them in the company. How will he face the man who hurts the woman he once loved. 

"Should I talk to him?"

"You don't have to," she says, wiping her tears. "I just thought of something along the line..."

"And what is it?"

"Marry me, Faruq!"

His eyes popped and jaws dropped in aghast. Marry? She is pregnant for someone else.

"W...hat..."
.
.

Everyone was seated around in the sitting room, gloomy and grieving by the news of summayyah's disappearance and the reason for it. Luqman and Ahmed on the other side were extremely hurt that they hid it away from them including Abdul.

Aunt Mariya tried to explain the situation ehixh she knew but she wasn't given a chance to either. "How could you hide such for 23 good years. How would you feel if you were to die and someone is to maltreat your child? Why don't you think to be in someone elses shoe!" He scold, Abdul's mum couldn't say anything as she wept.

Suddenly, Halima came running in. "Is it true?" She mutters in between breaths. Ahmed, seeing her condition, quickly headed towards her. "Are you alright?"