8

***

"mama na, come have a sit here please!" Mum spoke awaking me from my little faint.

I Slowly made my over to where she sat and sat on the carpet, greeting them each. "Sannu ku da zuwa" (welcome)

"A'a ya ki ke,(oh how are you?) when you were at work, your parent filled us in about you, I doubt they weren't lying when they said you're decent" the woman who looks so young but still had this hidden spots on her neck but it was covered with her veil, the woman looks in her middle 40s, but when she spoke I only nod.

I glance over at father who has this  wide smile plastered on his face, so this is all he wanted huh!

I see.

"They are your husband to be parents!" Baba spoke, the husband really got me so I sent them a light smile all they kept saying was absolutely trash to me, about the wedding and all.

I only answered with yes or no! I had nothing to say when they are planning and trying to fix the wedding date.

Raising my head up, my eyes met with the lady beaming at me and I did the same. I tried not to be rude but the moment my phone rang I went on to pick it, exciting myself. "She's so innocent!" The woman whispers right before I left.

"Hello Halima!"

"Did you get home safely?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm with the grooms family?"

"What! Oh my God what did they say?" She asked almost freaking out.

"They are trying to fix a date for the wedding, I guess I have no choice but to let's things go this way, it's my fate, thank you for being there Halima, help me apologize to Faruq"

"Don't worry okay, let them fix the date and let's plan on our Anko (matching wedding outfit)" she chuckles and I ended the call, I returned to them with my fake smile.

"Thank you so much for choosing me, I'll make sure I do my best to be a best wife!" I said and watch both my parent look at me in great shock, they must be surprised why i said that.

The woman placed her hand on my cheeks. "call me mother koh, you are also my child!" She says and hugs me.
For a moment I felt my heart will fall out.

Did she just hug me?

Of course she did...

Does that mean she is nice?

Maybe she loves you...

What if..... Pull up Summayyah.

We move away from the hug.

"Here take this, I wanted to wait until the wedding but seeing you makes me so eager to give you, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the wedding ceremony" she said passing me a white squared box.

"Nagode!" (Thank you)

We escorted them out and the moment we got in, Dad reach out to me. "Are you accepting it?" He rejoiced.

If not for the respect I have for him, i would have punch his face and tell him....

Its serves him right?

Maybe you should give it a try.

Nope, I ain't going to hell with you....

Pebble.

I sent him a sly smile and I watch him let our a very joyful sigh. "oh thank you my daughter, you know...."

"It's what's best for me and everyone, he might be the one written for me so baba, Nagode" I cuts him immediately reaching out and hugging him tight. He supported and i could feel how safe i felt in his arm.