31

Packing my car at the lot, I quickly Scamper in, knowing to well that I was late and he'd be waiting. He might think that i took advantage of him.

Mainuna on the other side might be waiting also or she must have gone home, I left her to do all the work but i was glad that mama was getting better after seeing me and i tried my best to cook her some food and made her take her drugs. Father was a bit calm towards me since now that i feel his dreams has come through, but yet Allah knows the best.

On getting in, I met Khalil seated on the floor in the sitting room around the center table displays around with files and white sheets.

"You are back?" He asked the moment he noticed my presence. "Yes!"

"How is her health?"

"She is fine" I answered taking of my shoes off and making my way to my room. "Father asked me to take you to a conference which Is coming soon in my company!" I stopped in track. Why would he go with me. I got annoyed. "Can't you do it alone?"

He frowns. "You question me?" Great we would never have a better conversation without arguments. I sighs trying to avoid our little everyday argument. "Fine, let me freshen up so you can fill me in" and i went ahead to get a shower.

***

By the time i was done, I came out to meet, wearing a purple pyjamas i bought online and i was so excited that its actually what i order and what i got not the other way round. The world is scary now. People sell bad things and go away with your money but the vendor was a trustworthy person.

I sat crossed legs opposite him on the carpet where we have the centre table separating us. I stared at him while he was focus reading the papers one after the other with his eyes rolling around.

"Sooo, what are we going to discuss about?" I asked picking a brown file beside me and starts to flip through, i am not really into this and i am really bored and he wouldn't even answer me. He was just focus on his papers with his brows furrowed and that's sucks.

I sigh. "I know you don't wanna do this with me but lets pretend" i drops the file on the table.

He averts his eyes from the papers and falls on me. "Pretend what?" He asked dumb.

"Come on, you know we both are good at pretending, so this is what we are going to do..." There was a pen in his hands as i snatched it and picked a plain sheat of A4 paper and starts to write.

"Tonight, we behave like co-workers, we would share ideas and behave like we don't hate each other and..."

"Wait what?" He cuts in.

"Hold on... I am not done, so no insults, no hates but just sense. Its okay to laugh yeah... Signed Summayyah" and i sighed then passed the paper to him with the pen placed on it. He stared at me like he was going to burn me in it but i motion with my eyes for him to sign. "Sign it, just if you want me to work with you. I won't have to keep up with your insults if you don't sign" i said sitting back.

I watch him sign before picking the pen to sign K and draws a line crosing the K then a dot on top. It was so simple. Great! I beam before he passed me a file. I wanted to ask what the file is about and what it contains but he quickly speaks.

"This files is an agreement or rather a suggestion on how to widen the company's products by working hand in hand with other company like..."

"A contract yes!" I clicked.

He sighs. "Let me finish!"

"Disobeying the contract already?" I frown, crossing my arms.

He looks confused as he raised a brow. "What?"

I passed him the paper. "so... You come with some suggestions to agree to the terms of having to negotiate with other companies in other to make the company proceed. Did you by any chance drop?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes, Our products are not being sold at the mall, complaints had come that it causes them skin burn and bleaches their skin, it doesn't protect them from cavity and out cement is not string enough to hold off a building. Like a month ago. Our contractors dropped and demanded for way too much..."

"Hmm, then you would need a lawyer to you on a legal terms... Do you know why they demand for so much after being settled?" I asked and he shock his head, placing his hand under his chin before he glares at me.

"Why does it sound like you are patronising yourself now?"

I chuckled. "Sorry to break it to you, i'm a criminal lawyer..." I blurt

"Well there is a criminal act in my company" he spoke with so much pride as he rested his back on the sofa.

"Hmpt! Are you trying to invite me to fight your case?"

"Why would I?"

I laughs. "Ha, its written on your face!" I giggles pointing at him, he furrowed his brows, wondering how it is written on his face.

"Where?" He asked.

"Its over... Here!" I twirl my fingers around his face like some worm before placing it on his forehead. He looks dumbstruck that i couldn't help but laugh my lungs out like a fool.

I could feel that he only watched me but i cant help it, if only we used to be like this then things won't go south.
.
.
.

This chapter was wiped out when i was offline in watt pad, so re writing it cause mW so much trouble but i hope you will understand it,  the next chapter is Khalil's POV so its similar to this...

Thank you and sorry for the delay.