57.

It's the day of the wedding. Everybody came to Seattle for the wedding of Meredith and Derek. Friends, family, colleagues and so much more people came together for this special day. Meredith has been nervous since last night. Derek is just excited. Excited to get married to the love of his life. Excited to spent the rest of his life with the mother of his child.

"Hey baby." Meredith whispers through the phone. Her and Derek spent the night apart. Derek wanted Meredith to wake up in her own bed so he volunteered to sleep over at Mark and Lexies. He called Meredith as soon as he woke up. He misses her already.

"Hey honey. How did you sleep?"

"Not good." She sighs. "You ruined me Derek Shepherd. I can't spent one night without you" She laughs.

Derek smiles. "I missed you too. Just think about all the nights we will be spending together after today. And together with Liam of course."

"Yeah. I can't wait. I am so ready to get married to you. I love you so, so much and I can't wait to be a really family."

"Mer...Honey...we already are a real family. But I get it, I can't wait either"

"I love you baby. I have to get ready now."

"I love you too sweetheart. So much. I will see you in a few hours" Derek whispers. He smiles brightly at the thought of seeing Meredith walking down the aisle in just a few hours.

Meredith's POV

I am glad I got to talk to Meredith as soon as I woke up. Even tho I just saw her yesterday being away form him is killing me. God what that man does to me...

"Meredith!" I hear the front door open and a bunch of people walk in. Lexie, Amelia and Cristina barge in my bedroom. I know Cristina from college and Amelia and I got pretty close since Derek introduced me to his family.

"Good morning to you too" I groaned. I got out of bed and quickly took a shower. I washed and conditioned my hair and used a lavender body wash. I want to smell good for Derek. I know he loves my lavender body wash.

In the mean time the girls transformed my bedroom into a dressing room. Make-up, hair and clothes were set up and the help arrived. Two woman were in my bedroom. A woman named Dana came to do our hair and a woman named Mia came for our make-up. I sat down in one of the chairs and the Dana started on my hair while Mia worked on Cristina's make-up.

After about 1 and a half hours all three of us were all ready. The only thing left was to get dressed into our dresses. We are going to do that at the wedding venue so we slipped on some comfy clothes and headed down to the car. We made sure we didn't leave anything behind and we drove off towards the wedding venue.

The venue was located about an hour from Seattle. It was a huge cabbing in to woods. The cabin is beautifully lit with lights and there is a fireplace that uses real wood. The garden is connected to a big lake and is perfect for the actual wedding. The cabin has multiple rooms and there is a hotel nearby so everybody who can't get home after can stay there.

Of course Meredith and Derek would be off to their honeymoon. Derek wanted to take the honeymoon for his account. He notified Meredith about his plan but left out one important piece of information, the actual location. Derek thought it would be a great idea to surprise her. Meredith normally hates surprises but she decided to trust Derek on this and to just go with the flow.

"Mer are you ready?" Cristina asks as soon as all the dresses were hung up on a coat rack.

"I guess so. I mean I love Derek so much and this is the perfect next step. Never in a million years did I think I was going to get married. That was until I met Derek. He changed things. He made me see the good things in life. The things I never imagined possible...." I sighed. "I am so grateful for him and for everything he showed me. And there is of course the sex... Mind blowing" I grin.

"I am so happy for you Mer. I didn't necessarily have to hear about the great, mind blowing sex my brother gives you but I am happy for you." Amelia laughs.

We all get changed into our dresses. Cristina places my vail on my head and I step into my beautiful white shoes. I hear a knock on the door and Cristina opens it.

"Oh, Mrs. Grey, come in!" I hear her say. My mother enters the room and her face instantly lights up.

"Meredith..." She sighs. "You look so gorgeous sweetheart"

"Thank you mom." I blush. My mom sits down next to me on the couch. She takes a better look at me and I can see the tears forming in her eyes.

"Mom don't cry" I say. "If you cry, I have to cry and I can't cry now because my make-up is done very well"

"I'm sorry I can't help it" She chuckles and sniffles.

"I want you to have an amazing day, amazing marriage and an amazing life." She says as she takes my hands and looks me in my eyes. "I hope you will keep seeing the good in life and I know Derek will play a great role in that. And what I hope the most for you, sweetheart, is that you live your life with your perfect, happy family. You, Derek, Liam and who knows some more kids in your bright and happy future."

By now the tears are slowly rolling down my cheeks. "Thank you mom. I love you so much. Thank you." I lean forward and we embrace in a tight hug. We keep hugging until we hear another knock at the door. Mom opens it and it reveals my dad.

"Meredith... you look beautiful." He smiles widely. A sparkle formed in his eyes as soon as he lay eyes on me. "I..uh... god you take my breath away."

"Thank you dad." I blush.

"I came to get you all. The wedding is about to start." He breathes. I smile widely and I hook my arm in his. We all walk towards the big doors that lead towards the garden. I can hear the music starting to play and I take a deep breath. I close my eyes and take a small moment for myself until my life changes forever.

*I am so sorry for not updating this story in a while. To be honest I don't have much inspiration left for this story. This makes writing it less fun so I think I am going to wrap up the story in the next chapter. I will continue writing other stories so If you like reading my work you can always follow me and keep checking my work out.

This was my very first story and I am pretty proud of it. I started this without any idea of where to take this story and I think it ended up pretty good.

So once again thank you all soooo much for your support and for reading it this far ❤️*