24.

Meredith woke up at 7 am and reached out to Derek but was met with a cold and empty spot. She looked up with a confused look on her face and Derek was no where to be found. She also didn't hear a shower running or other sounds form the bathroom. She got up out of bed and pulled one of Derek's shirts over her head and walked out of the bedroom towards the living room. The living room has an open view to the kitchen but Derek was still no where to be found.

Meredith got slightly worried. Normally he would leave a note or a text about his whereabouts but right now it seems to be missing. Meredith called Derek but she could hear his cell ring on the kitchen counter. She looked even more confused until she looked out of the window.

She sees a small silhouet in the ocean on their private beach. She chuckles to herself and asks herself why her idiotic boyfriend is swimming in the ocean at 7.30 in the morning. She walks outside and up to the beach. She is still wearing only a shirt but she doesn't care.

"Derek!" She yells his name but he doesn't hear her. She yells again but still no reaction. She tries to get his attention but it is no use. She sighs and smiles. She pulls Derek's shirt she is wearing off and is left in only her underwear. She walks into the water inch by inch getting used to the temperature. When she is fully in she swims over to Derek and makes sure he doesn't notice her. She swims up behind him and latches onto his back, wrapping her arms and legs around him. He is startled but as soon as he feels Meredith's lips kiss hiss neck he relaxes and swings her to his front.

"What are you doing here?" He asks surprised. He kisses her on the lips and brushes a strand of wet hair behind her ear.

"I woke up and you weren't there so I came to find you. I yelled your name a few times when I was standing on the beach bet you didn't hear me." She explains.

"Good morning" Derek whispers in her ear and hugs her tight.

"Good morning Der" Meredith smiles. "Why are you in the ocean at 7.30 in the morning?" She asks, still confused.

"Every morning around 7.30 I take a morning swim in the ocean when I'm here. My dad used to do it every day and sinds I can swim he has taken me with him every time. It's one of the few moments we can spend as father and son." He smiles happily.

They stay in the water for a little longer before Derek puts Meredith on his back and swims back to shore. He grabs his towel off of the sand and wraps it around Meredith's shivering body. He grabs the shirt Meredith was wearing and they walk back inside.

They take a shower together in order to rinse the salty ocean water off of them and to heat their bodies up. The water is still pretty cold this early in the morning. They soap each other's bodies in and Derek washes Meredith's hair. He rinses it and quickly washes his own. Meredith is finished and steps out. Shortly after Derek also steps out and they get ready for the day.

*That afternoon*

Derek's POV:

"Maybe we can just take a swim in our swimming pool" I suggested. We hung around the house all morning and it was relaxing. I enjoyed doing absolutely nothing for a while. Now I started to get bored so I tried to convince Meredith to come and take a swim with me.

"Alright. I just have to finish these preppings for dinner but I'll join you soon." She yelled from the kitchen. I quickly ran upstair and changed into my trunks and grabs my beach towel from the rack. I ran outside and jumped in the pool. the cold water refreshing me and I relaxed on my back as the sun warmed my face. I closed my eyes and just floated around in the pool.

I hear little footsteps approaching me and I look up. I see her beautiful figure running up to me. She is wearing the most gorgeous black bikini. It isn't covering up all too much but I don't care. I watch with wide eyes as she comes running up to the pool and jumps in without any warning. She lands right besides me and quickly comes up for air. I pull her closer to me and hug her small figure tightly. She kisses me briefly but passionately before wiggling out of my grip and swimming over to one of the floaties I bought earlier and brings it over.

"Lay on top of this" She says to me. I do as she says and she jumps on top of me. We almost fall off but I manage to keep the balance and she straddles my legs. She rests her head on top of my chest and snuggles into it, closing her eyes. I smile and gently stroke her hair as she dazzles off to sleep. I do the same and we stay like that for a while.

I am still asleep when she wakes up. She opens her eyes and unknowingly shifts her weight causing us to lose our balance and fall into the pool. The water hits me and I am instantly awake, my heart pounding in my chest. She comes up and giggles fill the air. The giggles that make me forget about all bad things in the world. The giggles I can't ever get enough of.

"What the hell?!" I laugh. She is still giggling while she climbs out of the pool. I get out right behind her and we lay down on the beach chairs in the back garden.

"Der..." She starts. "We have only been here for 3 days and I already love it here. I am so grateful you brought me here."

Her words bring a smile to my my face and I turn towards her. "You are so welcome Mer. I love having you here and I can't believe we still have one and a half week left. I plan to make the most of it and to spend every single minute with you." I watch as she turns towards me with a big smile on her face. She reaches out for my hand and I gladly hive it to her.

We keep holding hands as she grabs a book and reads for the rest of the day.