23.

Meredith's POV

"You were absolutely right Derek. This restaurants serves amazing food!" I say while licking the remains of the food off of my fingers. I look at Derek and he has some sauce stuck on his cheek. I chuckle and point it out to him.

"Where?" He asks while he sticks out his tongue and tries to lick it off. He licks around his mouth but he can't reach it. "Did I get it?"

"No" I giggle. "It's on your left cheek.

He grabs his napkin and whips a small part of his left cheek. "Did I get it now?"

"No it's still there." I laugh and grab the napkin out of his hand. I lean over the table and he moves his head to meet my hand. I wipe the sauce off and peck him on the lips. I playfully hit his cheek and sit back down. "All done" 

"Thank you" He says with a cute voice. "Do you want something to drink or should I ask for the bill?" 

"Ask for the bill. I would love to take a walk through the town and maybe along the beach."

Derek asks for the bill and pays. I wanted to pay because he already bought our plane tickets and went to the store but he insisted. 

After we walked out of the restaurant it was already dark outside. The weather was still pleasantly warm and he took my hand in his. We walked through the beautiful streets of the Greek town. He showed me a playground he used to play at all the time when he was younger. 

"I loved to come here. I used to play with the local kids all the time. We couldn't understand each other at all but by making gestures and making sounds we managed it. After a few years me and my sisters made some good friends and every time we were here we met up with the other kids." 

"Sisters? You never told me you have sisters" I say surprised. 

"Yeah, sisters. I have 4 actually"

"Four?! My god... Do you also have any brothers?"

"Nope, it was just me and my dad against 5 ladies." He laughs.

"Poor you." I joke. "I just have Lexie. I always dreamed of having a big family but I quickly gave up on that dream when I realized my mom is a only child and my dad lost contact with his siblings. I never had any cousins and I only have one sister."

"Wel luckily our family loves expanding." He smiles

I look up at him and lean my head agains his shoulder while we walk towards the beach. I take my sandals off and Derek take his shoes off as well. We carry them with us as we walk with bare feet along the sea shore. I look up at the beautiful sky and I feel insanely happy. I really needed a vacation. I needed to relax, get away from the daily life. I love my life don't get me wrong. I just needed some change for a little while. 

"So how was your first year teaching at or school?" I ask him while walking.

"I really enjoyed it. I am so happy I made the choice to move to Seattle and start a new life. I really enjoyed the past year. Of course you played a roll in that." He smiles and squeezes my hand before he stops walking. 

He turns me a quarter so we are facing each other. He looks lovingly into my eyes and leans down, locking his lips with mine. I deepen the kiss and he slides his tongue across my bottom lip. I gladly open my mouth slightly and his tongue enters my mouth. He explores my mouth and I moan at his taste. He's such a good kisser. The need for air becomes too great so I have to pull away. I am slightly disappointed but hi pulls me with him while he walks along. 

We arrive at the steps towards our backyard and I can see the beautifully lit pool. I stare at the view and Derek pulls me inside. He closes the door behind us and wraps his arms around me from behind. I lean back into his embrace. My head cranes back and leans on his shoulder. He kisses my lips softly and lightly sways us back and forth.