Today Was A Fairytale

It was pretty late in the morning when they finally woke up, wrapped tightly in each other's embrace.

"Hey" he murmured, kissing her temple.

"Hi" she said, softly pressing her lips into his.

"Mmm," he moaned. "I'd love nothing more than to stay here with you and make love to you Mer, but I have a surprise for you, remember?"

"Can't that surprise wait?" She said, leaving kisses on his neck. He let himself enjoy the feeling of her soft lips on his skin for a moment.

"We really need to go Mer" his voice came out as a moan.

"You like that, don't you?" She seductively whispered, getting on top of him.

"Mer" he moaned as she grinded her hips. He wrapped his hand around her bare back, his fingertips slowly tracing her warm skin, as they lost themselves in a passionate kiss.

"We really need to go now," Derek told her as they came down from their highs after another round of lovemaking. "No more seduction." He warned her.

"Okay," she chuckled.

"Okay, we should get up now. Are you at least a bit interested in what the surprise might be?" He asked as he got up, kissing her cheek.

"I told you, I hate surprises." She reminded him.

"And I told you, you'd love this one." He sweetly smiled at her.

"Fine, I'm getting up. See?" She told him as got out of the bed. He couldn't help but take a look at her naked body. To him, she was pure perfection.

They quickly got dressed, collected their stuff, and left. They listened to Taylor Swift on their way back to the city, choosing a happier song this time. They spent the entire car ride talking about anything and everything as they listened to Paper rings.

♫︎ I like shiny things
but I'd marry you with paper rings
that's right
You're the one I want♫︎

"Where are we going?" Meredith asked as he turned the car into a foreign lane.

"To get your surprise." He replied.

"Are you not gonna tell me what it is?" She sweetly asked, trying to get the information out of him.

"I thought you hated surprises."

"I do, but certain someone keeps telling me that I'm gonna love this one, so I wanna know."

"If I tell you it'll ruin the surprise."

"At least tell me something about it. Give me a clue."

"Okay. We go there every year, it's like a family tradition. Amy said you've never done that, but I'll help you. It's gonna be fun."

"I still have no idea." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Just wait a few minutes and you'll see." He smiled at her impatience.

"Fine."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes, until Meredith finally saw where he was taking her.

"The Rockefeller center? What are we doing here?" She asked.

"We're going ice skating." He smiled as he watched her eyes gain the sparkle that he loved to see and then suddenly turn into a look of horror.

"But Derek, I don't know how to ice skate."

"I know you don't, I'm gonna teach you." He told her as he parked the car, kissing her cheek.