I Love You

It was around 4 pm when Derek finally came back from work. Meredith had gone to the hotel to get some of her stuff and went back to his house since she and Derek had decided to go to his cabin in the woods.

"Hey" he smiled at her as he walked through the door.
"Hi" she smiled at him as he walked up to her and sat next to her on the couch. She leaned closer to him and pecked his lips as he wrapped his arms around her. She snuggled in his chest. "How was the patient?" she asked.
"Good. She made it." He answered, kissing the top of her head.
"Good." She snuggled closer to him, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"Should we go now?" He asked after a few minutes of being wrapped in each other's embrace.
"Yeah." She said, getting up. He got up and helped her get their stuff in the car.

"Does Taylor Swift have any fun songs?" He asked her as they got into his car.
"You'd be surprised." She jested.
"Well, let's hear it." He said as he started the car. He leaned in to kiss her temple, bringing both of them a sense of comfort.
"Okay, here we go. It's Christmassy, I think you'll like it." She said as Christmas Tree Farm started playing.

♫︎ my winter nights are taken up by static
stress, and holiday shopping traffic ♫︎

"Yeah, stress is really fun." Derek jested.
"Have more patience." She raised his brow, making an angry face. He couldn't help but laugh at it.
"Stop." She half-angrily laughed along with him.
" I'm sorry, it's just you're so cute." He said, leaning over, kissing her nose.

"Keep your eyes on the road, please." She said, smiling at his simple, yet such a sweet gesture. Meredith Grey was never to get butterflies over some stupid guys, but he was so much more than just some stupid guy. It was impossible to not feel this way when he kissed her nose or whispered something sweet in her ear. He made her feel more alive than she's ever been.

♫︎ under the mistletoe
watching the fire glow
and telling me "i love you" ♫︎

"Okay, you were right, again. It's a very sweet song." He said, looking over at her, smiling at her lovingly. Only if he could tell her how much he loved her right now without making things more complicated.
"Yeah, it is." She smiled at him.

They spent the rest of the ride talking and laughing freely about anything and everything, watching the snowflakes fall on the ground. Sun was setting when they finally got to their destination.
"It's so cozy here," she noticed as they walked into the cabin.
"Yeah, I love this place. It's so peaceful. I come here every now and then to make sure I don't go crazy from all the madness in the world."
"I need to get a place like this when I go back to Seattle. I definitely am going crazy. It'd be nice to have a getaway." His thoughts became foggy after the mention of going back to Seattle. There were reminders that she was going to leave soon everywhere. He couldn't let that ruin their day.

"Let's go, put our stuff down in the bedroom, and then I'll show you around." He said, finally emerging from his thoughts.
"Okay, but can we take a nap first?" She asked him as she followed him to the bedroom.
"Sure." He quickly agreed, loving the idea of falling asleep and waking up with her in his arms.

As he was getting ready to lay down, he saw her pull his shirt out of her bag and put it on after dumping her clothes on the floor.
"Hey, that's my shirt." He noticed.
"Not anymore."
"You stole my shirt."
"It's comfy and smells like you. Can I have it?" She asked.
"Of course, you can." He said, smiling at her cuteness. "Come here." He told her as he laid down. She laid down next to him, snuggling close to him. She put her head on his chest as he wrapped his hands around her body.
"Sweet dreams." He whispered as he kissed her temple.
"You too." She answered, snuggling closer to him as they both drifted off to sleep.